Tamiya Yamaha FZR750R OWO1 1/12th

Started by Cricket · 53 · 6 months ago · 1/12, motorcycle, Tamiya, Yamaha
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 6 months, 1 week ago:

@gblair @johnb Well was finishing up paperwork at the station and looking forward to coming home and working on my bike when what do you know we get freaking called out AGAIN! This time a house fire fully engulfed on arrival. 4 and half hours….we could not save it 🙁 no injuries. I’m exhausted

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 6 months, 1 week ago:

@bikequeen - Wow Cricket, that's a lot to be dealing with. Glad there were no injuries and that you're ok as well.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months, 1 week ago:

Most important, no injuries, Cricket @bikequeen
    Take your time to relax after all the work done.

• Profile Photo

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @fis3 @1001 @ssgt @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @coondog @billkoppos @atjoe @impisi @dion-dunn

Well i made myself an amulet to ward off the fire gods and proceeded to paint my frame. Also did the engine…still have to add some panel line detailer to it. But here is today’s progress. Not pictured are the completed swing arm damper and rear rotor which I just finished drilling and painting

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 6 months, 1 week ago:

Hi Cricket (@bikequeen): The various tones that you get are really cool. They are obvious to see, but subtle. I like your voodoo doll. I assume it's working?

• Profile Photo

@gblair Thanks George! The front part is Tamiya Silver Leaf (LOVE this color) the rear is Tamiya Gloss Aluminum. It actually looks better in the photo than it does in real life 🙂

And yes the Voodoo is working (she says with fingers crossed and knocking on wood 🙂 ). We also have some rain moving in…ghow much we will get is anyones guess.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 6 months, 1 week ago:

Glad you’ve found time to relax and enjoy our hobby, Cricket @bikequeen, this bike seems to be coming on a treat after fixing the frame.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 6 months ago:

@chinesegeorge Thanks George! Rain in the forecast but not much…hopefully more beginning of next week

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 6 months ago:

That’s a tough but mighty job you have. Glad no one was hurt. Didn’t know Tennesse is prone to brush fires either. It’s always been green when I’ve visited your state, Cricket. @bikequeen. Off to a good start with that engine.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 6 months ago:

@bikequeen - The voodoo doll is fantastic! The build is coming along nicely as well.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months ago:

Great progress and awesome looks so far,y friend @bikequeen! That's a really effective voodoo doll!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months ago:

A beautiful voodoo doll, seems like she does her job well, Cricket @bikequeen
    Your progress on the bike is nice as well, love the various tones.

• Profile Photo

@eb801 Thanks Eric, western TN is usually green but it’s been awhile. This is an agricultural area and all the fall harvesting is done so things dry out quickly doesnt take much to catch fire. If you told me 6 years ago I outlet be doing this at y age I woulda said you were nuts 🙂

• Profile Photo

@brithebuilder @fiveten @johnb Thanks guys, and yes the doll seemed have worked for now. Was cool day with drizzling rain, not much but pleasant

• Profile Photo

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @fis3 @1001 @ssgt @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @eb8010 @eb8011 @eb8012 @eb8013 @eb8014 @eb8015 @eb8016 @eb8017

Here is today’s progress …. I have other things done on it as well but I will post them tomorrow. The exhaust was white : / so i did a lot of paining…it came out okay

This is a rudimentary kit for Tamiya so there is a lot of tiny details painted in and on. No real instructions on the decal placement but I had the box art to go by and the decals aren’t the best, not up to Tamiya standards, there is a lot of excess around them i had to cut off, but they laid down nicely. I did the fuel tank and seat a bit different, but more on that tomorrow

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.