Yamaha YZF-R1M

Started by Cricket · 94 · 4 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 5 months, 1 week ago:

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @fjs3 @1001 @ssgt @fiveten @gblair

Next up

This baby :). With lots of add on toys, Falcon resin chain, Tamiya Detail-up front forks, and Top Studio Detail-up set…the smaller set not the mega one :). And Tamiya Detail-up Carbon Fiber decal sheet

Should take me a day or two on this one 🙂

I cant help myself, I m]am hopelessly addicted to motorcycle models…..SIGH

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 1 week ago:

Another fantastic one, my friend @bikequeen!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 months, 1 week ago:

Wow! This will be really cool, Cricket (@bikequeen), especially with all of the add-ons. Looking forward to seeing the build.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 months, 1 week ago:

That's an awesome bike, Cricket @bikequeen
    The lots of extras will improve details even further.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @gblair @johnb thanks everyone, there are tons of tiny screw/bolt heads and I’m not sure how to attach them, i know CA glue but I’m afraid it’s gunna be really messy. Did the engine and frame yesterday all black…so that went pretty quickly. Also I have discovered that if I sit at the table for 8 to 10 hours I developed a knot in my back that is extremely painful….so I will need to pace myself.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 5 months, 1 week ago:

This is a very cool bike, Cricket @bikequeen, will be interesting to see what you make of it. Are you getting a carbon fiber decal set as well?

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 5 months, 1 week ago:

@bikequeen - There are worse things to be addicted to Cricket. Nice detail sets! This is going to be a beauty when it's finished.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 1 week ago:

Maybe applying a droplet of white glue at the spot, then affix the nut/bolt heads onto, my friend @bikequeen? White glue dries transparent and provides reasonably strong bonds.
    ...8-10 hours continuous bench time? You ARE a hero!

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge I didn't get the set but i got the Tamiya sheet decal…and I have had good luck with it

• Profile Photo

@brithebuilder I hope so Brian. 🙂

• Profile Photo

@fiveten I didn’t think of whit glue! Good idea! And 8 to 10 hours is stupid not heroic ;). ANd it’s not a bench it’s the kitchen table 🙂 and it gets crowded in this tiny kitchen with 2 dogs and a husband milling around :/

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 months, 1 week ago:

Maybe some of that Pledge can be used as well, Cricket @bikequeen
    Although I have no experience with it, I do read that this stuff is quite sticky as well.
    8-10 hours sitting behind the bench would be a real challenge for me, I can imagine your back will hurt after such a long time. Take care, health is very important.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 months, 1 week ago:

I think we all deal with less-than-ideal work spaces, Cricket (@bikequeen). The quality of your work certainly shows that you results aren't lessened by the crowding. You might try Ultra Glue from Ammo/Mig. It is a high strength white glue that dries clear and is easy to clean up with water.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @fis3 @1001 @ssgt @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @coondog @billkoppos @atjoe @impisi @dion-dunn

Thanks everyone for the comments, I’m limited to what I have in stock. The white glue worked good and looked great. I didnt think of taking photos of it and as I handled the engine they all came off.

i left it and will use CA glue later on…hopefully I have enough parts to complete it or I will just paint them on…no worries.

Meanwhile, here is today’s progress. I took a watch oiler and modified It to apply CA glue and went on to do the rear rotor and caliper, worked pretty good, was able to apply a tiny bit of CA. So here are todays pics

9 hours all in….happy Thanksgiving to all us Americans 🙂

12 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 5 months, 1 week ago:

You’re doing well coping with all those extra detail parts, Cricket @bikequeen, and the blue wheel really pops.