Yamaha YZF-R1M

Started by Cricket · 94 · 5 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 6 months ago:

@chinesegeorge. Thanks George , I’ve learned a lot over the last few months and CA isnt that scary anymore 😉

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 6 months ago:

George is right, Cricket (@bikequeen), the blue on the wheel really stands out.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months ago:

Indeed a beautiful blue color, Cricket @bikequeen
    The entire swing arm looks impressive.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months ago:

Fantastic looks so far, my friend @bikequeen! Pity white glue did not work, but now you have conquered cyano glue!

• Profile Photo

@gblair @johnb @fivetenthank you everyone, the blue is Tamiya’s Racing Blue and now worries on the white glue Spiros i got it worked out now. The engine is all black so I needs something to brighten it up, still a lot of PE stuff to add to it. Ive had this kit a few months now and the Top Studio parts just had a lot of trepidation about building it 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months ago:

Looking forward on how you will brighten-up the engine, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 6 months ago:

Sometimes you just need to be in the right mental state to tackle something new, Cricket (@bikequeen), so waiting a while to tackle this kit and all of its extra parts was time well-spent. Black is a tough color. Looking forward to the brightening efforts.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten I save everything all the spare hoses/lines from kits that aren’t used, all the screws and nuts. I saved the spare Top Studio parts from the last build and there are a bunch of extra bolt heads so I’m good. 🙂

These parts have really come in handy! I fixed my husbands glasses with a Tamyia screw the other day 🙂

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@gblair Ive been looking forward to this kit ever since I did the other bike with Top Studio stuff. And I like painting black when it comes out well it’s like a mirror.

• Profile Photo
    Chris Ballard said 5 months, 4 weeks ago:

Try alphatic resin chap. It dries fairly quickly and is much thinner than PVA. It can also be wiped away when wet with a wet cue tip or peeled off if you balls it up.

Might do another bike myself one day...I get it, 😉❤️😎

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 5 months, 4 weeks ago:

@chrisballard I dont know of alphatic resin, what is it? Thanks Chris? And definitely do a bike, I highly recommend them 🙂

• Profile Photo

@chrisballard never mind….I looked it up! Got a whole bottle of it 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 4 weeks ago:

Awesome idea to keep these spares, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @fis3 @1001 @ssgt @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @coondog @billkoppos @atjoe @impisi @dion-dunn

Did some PE work today,, hose cosmos for the exhaust, I really like this Top Studio stuff….did other stuff too but it’s not pictured . The tweezers ib the one pic are for bending hairsprings in watches 🙂

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 months, 4 weeks ago:

You manage to find the coolest tools, Cricket (@bikequeen). Where did you find these cool tweezers?