Red Star 1/72 Captured Mig-3 in Romanian Colors

Started by Bob Torres · 37 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 2 years, 2 months ago:

That’s is an interesting project. It turned out very well.

• Profile Photo
    Bob Torres said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Guys, thank you for following my build, I call this build done! This was almost a simple build with not much done to it except for adding the rear area behind the seat, some cockpit side wall details and the widening the engine coolant radiator inlet. The installation of the cockpit floor had to be modified to hold this in place properly. I think Frog in the mid 70's did captured the shape of the Mig-3, it is not perfect but compared to the Cap Croix du Sud release of their Mig-3, the Frog/Redstar was closer to the real one. Since Redstar no longer exist, their kits can still be found on eBay and EMHAR has been boxing this mold since the 90's which can be picked up rather cheaply.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Nicely done Bob, that scheme looks good on it.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 2 months ago:

A very nice Mig, Bob @v1pro
    She looks amazing in those Romanian colors.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Another great result, my friend @v1pro!
    Well done!

• Profile Photo
    Bob Torres said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Thank you, Allan @kalamazoo, John @johnb and Spiros @fiveten. I am happy on how it came out, another Frog build added to my collection. I just loaded it in the Headlines.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Kirwan said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Nice result Bob. I happen to have a Mig 3 on the shelf of doom and was planning on doing it in Romanian colours. Thanks for the inspiration.