1/48 A-4Q Skyhawk.

Started by John Healy · 25 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    John Healy said 3 years ago:

A little more progress today. I hope to clean up seams snd maybe get the underside blue sprayed tomorrow.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

Comiing along nicely, my friend @j-healy!

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 3 years ago:

Looking good, John, Brave fixes to mishaps along the way - you are a model of patience to us all. I like the way this one is turning out. I have to wait for decals on my A-4 for now a few weeks for Brazil in the post. I will benefit from watching your build in the meantime.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 3 years ago:

@j-healy - I spoke to my friend and expert historian of the Argentine side of the air war, Pablo Calcaterra, getting info for my build of this kit. If you do either C-207 or C-239, and you want to do them with the ordnance of their ship-killing missions, he says to use the MER and the three 500-lb bombs, not the single 1,000-lb bomb (I'm doing C-207).

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 3 years ago:

Thanks, Tom! It’ll more then likely be finished as one of those planes. This is my current state of assembly. Just about ready for paint but I’m going to be away from the spray booth until early May. I’m spending the month at the beach in Alabama. I did bring the Wessex and a few other projects to work on at the Alabama place. A good percentage of my assembly work is done down here and I paint ‘em up in Chicago.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years ago:

Great to have the intake painted and masked to ease later paint @j-healy.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years ago:

Following with interest! I just opened my Airfix 1/72 Skyhawk to do a similar scheme...

Not nice to tease with beach shots when we just had snow in Tulsa a couple days ago!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 3 years ago:

John - I just caught up with your build here. I will be following along from here on out. Never seen this Hobbycraft Falkland's version of they Skyhawk before. NIce box art.
    Great that you are able to model in two different places. You must have to pack everything very carefully to avoid breakage.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Finally got some paint on this. Xtracolor RLM 76 on the undersides and drop tanks. And just noticed a missed seam...

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Nice undersides shade, my friend @j-healy!
    Yep, there will always be one seam to discover after painting...