UV Resin

Started by Cricket · 9 · 5 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 5 months, 4 weeks ago:

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @fis3 @1001 @ssgt @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @coondog @billkoppos @atjoe @impisi @dion-dunn

Okay so after watching the video on the Ornithopter i thought about getting the UV resin and light. Being skeptical as i am I was doubtful

I ordered them both. it’s amazing stuff! It says low odor but if it is I hate see what the high odor is 🙂

Anyway here is my test piece cured in seconds….this has tons of possibilities! I’m pumped

The last photo is the cured test piece

Dune Ornithopter - 3D SLA Printed - 1:128 - sci-fi Model

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 4 weeks ago:

Thanks for the excellent advice, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 months, 4 weeks ago:

Thanks for sharing, Cricket @bikequeen

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 5 months, 4 weeks ago:

Looks amazing, @bikequeen.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 5 months, 4 weeks ago:

@fiveten @johnb @chinesegeorge thanks guys it does indeed look promising and i got a lifetime supply in that bottle 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 months, 4 weeks ago:

Hi Cricket (@bikequeen): This is the same type resin used in 3D printers. I'm not sure how thick you will be able to use the handheld light on. After curing, you will need to clean the resin in alcohol. I didn't know that you could use this type of resin with a handheld light. I am interested to see how it works for you.

• Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Nice! @bikequeen

I use UV Resin for clear wing tip nav lights and cockpit instrument clear faces.

I have not used this yet, and have not done any research, but Greenstuff has a UV Putty I'm curious to use.

https://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/ultraviolet-putty/3066-uv-putty-50ml.html

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

@gblair I will let you know how it works George, i did recognize it from what you wrote about your 3D printer. I di the test piece and it dried HARD instantly! I used the light on my gel nails last night works GREAT 🙂

I’m kinda under the gun now with Fire Dept stuff, so everything is on hold for awhile

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

@gwskat hey thanks Gary, that looks like interesting stuff! And I like the idea of the clear for lights and stuff. I wanted to try my clear nail gel on Instument panels and stuff but was afraid it would meant the decal so I never did