Updated 20/03/2022 detailing the old 1/32 Hasegawa Me 262 . Crossing the finish line !

Started by Michael Ezat · 75 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Hello my friends , this is my update for this week .I will continue here , as a work in progress project . If any of the moderators can do , please move the part 1 here .

So , as you can see I have done a time consuming work : all the panel lines and all the rivets (one by one) are ready .

The metal panels on the belly are made with aluminum sheet from a beer can . In a later time I will have more to do on the tail surfaces and on the engines nacelles , but for now are enough .

After all of this bored work , it's time to be more creative , starting to scratch build all of the inner details .

The kit is just empty everywhere (wheel bay , gun bay , cockpit etc) without any sign of life , so need hard work to fill it with all the necessary details .

Photos , drawings and sheet of plastic will be my allies from now to accomplish this exciting and productive as well as demanding job .

Until the next update , thank you for looking . Your comments will be very welcomed as always .

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 1 month ago:

I have a couple of old props lying around if you’ve lost yours, Michael - mail me your postal address and I’ll send em off to you.

Great work, keep us updated.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Unbelievable work on the rivets and belly panels. Your patience is commendable.

• Profile Photo

Thank you guys , your comments are give me courage to continue ...

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Agreed, George, it’s great work.

• Profile Photo

02/04/2019 Part 2 : SCRATCHBUILDING A BULKHEAD , WHEEL BAY AND A FRAME .

Here we are again !
    I have finished the first one of the frame bulkheads .This is just behind the cockpit and supports the cockpit's "bathtub" .
    The other one is going under the cockpit tub and separates the wheel well in right and left , having some parts of the doors retraction mechanism .
    Everything is made from plastic sheet , various lengths of evergreen plastic , wire , metal tube and any material I can find in my drawer that can be useful .
    Next step , front bulkhead and the bathtub , as well as the frame out of the cockpit .

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 5 years ago:

07/04/2019 Part 3 : SCRATCHING COCKPIT'S BATHTUB & PILOT'S SEAT .

Hello my friends . A small update , I am working very carefully trying to add much details on every part .

I have finished the bathtub for the cockpit as you can see on the first five pictures .

Keeps only the tub of the kit and builds all the details in and out with styrene sheet , Evergreens and anything else can be useful .

The seat is 100% scratching because the one provided by Hasegawa is complete wrong . You may see the seats compared . I have also scratch the pilot's back pad from putty .

9th picture is the forthcoming instrument panel plate (I will use the IP from Eduard interior set that I find searching in my drawer) , a small modification on the stick and at the end the tub with the seat in a quick fitting .

A lot of more things have to do in this area as wheel wells and after comes the gun bay , but all of those are a future story .

Thank you for looking , your comments will be very welcomed .

10 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 4 years, 12 months ago:

05/05/2019 Part 4 : WHEEL WELLS , LANDING GEAR & PREPARING THE ENGINE & WING .

Here we are again , after a long time !

I found some time and finished the landing gear , main and nose . I found a set from SAC and works on it adding some custom parts as you may see in the photos . For wheels I will use a resin set from Eduard that I find in my shelf . Wheel wells (front and main) are totally scratch build it from styrene sheet .

The engines provide it from Hasegawa are poor in details (and wrong in dimensions) so I decide to clean it and use the main body as a base for adding all the details from scratch . I will not deal with the overall dimensions of the engine , because will be overscale if I fix his bugs , so I start adding all the subsystems on .

Here is on a early stage , waiting for piping , cabling and alot of time consuming to make with a punch and die set bolts .

In parallel , I start to prepair the wing , cutting the slats , flaps and ailerons and build the engine infrastructure on the lower side .

As you may understand there is alot of work to be . That means , if everything goes well , next update will be about the same parts , hope finished !

Until then , I wish you all the best .

Thank you for your time , as usual your comments are very welcomed !

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 years, 12 months ago:

I really admire the amount of work you are putting into this kit. I'm afraid that I join the "good enough" group more often than not and simply accept some of the inaccuracies and soft detail on some of the kits I build. Can't wait to see the next installment.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 4 years, 12 months ago:

George , believe me I like to see this model finished asap . That means I do not put as much detail as I really want and I do not work as much as I'd like . But if I did this it will never end ! 😉
    Thank you for your kindly comments !

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 4 years, 10 months ago:

19/06/2019 : ENGINE DONE,COCKPIT BATHTUB DONE,LANDING GEAR DONE,WING ALMOST THERE BUT STILL TOO MANY TO DO...

Good evening gentlemen ! It seems like an eternity to me from my last update , but I am still working on this project , slowly and effective (I think).
    As you may see , the engine is ready , with a lot of cables , pipping and accessories , having on the first layer of gloss black color.Then will follow some metallic shades (aluminum,steel,magnesium,copper etc) for the different compartments,and some more colors like yellow,red,white etc for the cables .
    The cockpit bathtub is ready too,having on a layer of grey primer,as well as the landing gear,main and nose.
    The wing is almost finished,just some small works needs to done like a navigation light,aileron moving rods and some putting and sanding etc.
    Meanwhile,I found an interesting color scheme for painting,when the model finish,looks interesting and unique,hope you like it.
    So,that's for now,I know are not so much,logical I will have soon a new update because now I have my summer free time (I am working on a school and now are closed for all the summer,until September).
    Before I leave for our family vacations (~10/07) I will have some news about this.Until then,keep up the good job !

11 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 4 years, 10 months ago:

Whew - looking great!

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 4 years, 10 months ago:

Thank you Greg !

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 4 years, 9 months ago:

Outstanding work, Michael!

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 4 years, 4 months ago:

30/12/2019 SLOWLY COME TO A SHAPE (FUSELAGE COMES IN ONE PIECE,FIRST DETAILS IN AND AS USUAL SO MANY TO DO...)

Hello my friends , how are you there ? Looks like centuries from my last post (more than six months !) but I am still here ! I will not give up , this bird will finish , sooner or later .
    So , a small update for now , I will try for something better asap .
    For now I have glued the halves of the fuselage , starting to add the inner details , filling the gaps , sanding , primer , again sanding and a first coat of silver (Humbrol #11 spray).
    The electrical boxes in the fuselage are all scratched as well as the oxygen pump and the hydraulic container .
    The nose gunbay is on final place ready for first color , the nose cover the same and off course the nose landing well .
    Over the landing well I have put some weight , to avoid a tail sitting Me 262 .
    In the meanwhile the engine , landing gear ,cockpit , landing covers etc are prepaired/detailed and takes first shoots with primer .
    This (only?) is for now , hope you find something interesting to comment .
    Until the next update (when?) , I wish to all of you to have a VERY HAPPY AND CREATIVE NEW YEAR !

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.