1/32 skyraider trumpeter

Started by Adilcan Topgül · 7 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Adilcan Topgül said 5 years, 6 months ago:

It has been some time since I posted a w.i.p tread I had a couple rough days of modeling and really needed a project to relax my nerves and it has to be a new kit with "fresh decals" anyway ill try to detail the kit with some scratch building and as usual started the work with the pilots office.

ps: Ill post the pictures for my first entry separately because im writing on my pc and the pics are on my phone.

I gathered some reference books in pdf format made my self a cup of Turkish coffee and put the kit on the bench first I read some of the books and check the cockpit reference pictures and find a really nice illustration of yankee ejection system so the seat was detailed according to it I started with making the fabric texture with some paper towel and water ova glue mix and add some details seatbelts are pe parts supplied in the kit not the best but hey at least thats something.

moving on with the instruments panel it is typical large scale trumpeter sandwich type.

the main cockpit was assembled.

Everything was then primed with mr.surfacer black and cockpit received a coat of gray.

Vallejo paints were used for the seat.

still needs some detail painting and weathering.

i also decided to add a pilots helmet and oxygene mask so I butchered them from old tamiya pilot figures in 32nd scale. More to come.

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Looking forward to the pics...love the Skyraider (...see?)

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Very nice Adilcan - looking forward to your next post

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 6 months ago:

VERY nicely done, Adilcan.

• Profile Photo
    Adilcan Topgül said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Another flawless bird Craig love your works
    Mine is going to be in the sea camo scheme and she is going to be faded and dirty 🙂
    Thanks for the nice word gents hope to have some more progress before my midterms

• Profile Photo
    Adilcan Topgül said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Okay some decent progress main body is finished filling sanding etc. has done and its primed with mr surfacer 1200
    And the engine is finished it is one of the best oob. Engines ever.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Adilcan Topgül said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Does anyone know what color should injection hoses be on wright duplex cyclone

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.