1/72 109's (no - this is not Erik!)

Started by Greg Kittinger · 65 · 2 years ago · 1/72, Academy, Airfix, avia, Avis, Bf 109, C, E-3/4, F, Frog, s-199, Tamiya G6
  • Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 2 years, 12 months ago:

brief update - blackbased using Mr. Surfacer 1500 primer (rattle can) and Tamiya white, and I've already sprayed the yellow and white bands and markings in prep for masking them and then starting on rest of the paint work using AK Real Colors. The Tamiya G-6 will wear Romanian livery, and the Frog F will be a desert scheme.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 12 months ago:

Great to see progress on your 109's, Greg @gkittinger
    Preperations look great, might give this approach a try as well.

• Profile Photo
    Adrian Starling said 2 years, 12 months ago:

Great Greg, a technique I will definitely try! I think you will get a great result and am looking forward to your next update.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 12 months ago:

Looking absolutely amazing, Greg!
    even more so as thay are "only" 1/72!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 12 months ago:

Great looking planes, Greg (@gkittinger). I have noticed that the builds in many of the articles I am reading in model magazines are using black primer as a base for the later colors. I plan to try it on my builds for the Luftwaffe Group. I think we are building the same planes, but after my last 1/72 model, I wanted to build something bigger. So I am building a 1/32 109F-4 with a desert scheme in Spanish colors, and then a 1/32 109G in Romanian colors. It looks like yours will be done a long time before mine, so I can use yours as a clinic to build mine.