Halberd/Tamiya XP-47H "Superbolt"

Started by Tom Cleaver · 26 · 4 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

Tom Cleaver (@tcinla)
    A M A Z I N G !

Had you not said something about the fuselage parts being made of resin, I would have guessed otherwise and presumed them to be made of injected plastic. The quality of these parts look to be very good. I'm impressed with the fit too. Everything here seems to be spot on.

I'll bet this one is a big model for it being a single engine fighter. So what are you going to do with the spare Tamiya fuselage and cowling parts ? You could use them to make a diorama of a P-47 fuselage sitting on a semi trailer... 😉

I'm looking forward to seeing this one in the headlines section soon.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

The OD looks really good, Tom @tcinla
    With just 40 hours, the weathering will indeed have been minimal. Good choice to keep it that way.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looks awesome, my friend @tcinla!

• Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

Agreed, what a beast! I wonder what the torque on that prop was? She looks great Tom, and a unique addition to your collection.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

Like I said, this is an easy conversion. If you're thinking of trying a conversion, this is as good as it gets for a first one. Take care in the simple assembly and you are guaranteed a great result.

It sure does look like a great white shark, doesn't it.

It'll be in the headlines after it appears as a full review at Modeling Madness on January 11 next year.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

This is awesome, Tom (@tcinla). The conversion is flawless. It seems like P-47s are popular again with all of the new P-47 versions being released, along with these conversions. I use Tamiya paint all the time, but have never used their lacquer version. It looks great.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looking awesome, my friend @tcinla! Looking forward to the review!

• Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

Tom (@tcinla), I bet if this were painted up in a blue scheme similar to what Hellcats wore, but geared more toward shark coloration, that it would look very much like a Great White Shark. Add some teeth and voila!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looks vicious. Great work, Tom @tcinla. Got anything on your work bench just in time for New Years? Only a week away.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Yes, the XP-72 - see the other post. Like I say, one of the few benefits of living alone these days is the ability to do whatever I want, whenever I want, so I spent Christmas doing my favorite thing - building a cool model.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 months, 1 week ago:

This looks really good, Tom @tcinla
    Eagerly waiting for the article on both, MM and iModeler.