Hasegawa 1/72 B-24J Liberator

Started by Yann Bertholet · 99 · 2 years ago · 1/72, B-24, Hasegawa
  • Profile Photo
    Yann Bertholet said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Thank you very much John @j-healy for your comment. The nose art is really nice. I've been a bit scared of the result since the decal have some ages but everything is going smoothly so far.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 11 months ago:

The decals seem to be going on very well, Yann (@yann). Whatever magic you are using to get the decals to lay down seems to be doing the trick.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Love the cocktail and the decals @yann.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Love the cocktail and the decals @yann.

• Profile Photo

Hi George @gblair, thanks a lot for the comment! Not really a magic trick but a lot, I mean A LOT of micro set and micro sol.

• Profile Photo

Many thanks George @chinesegeorge, believe me the cocktail was good after decaling...

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 2 years, 11 months ago:

While I will join everyone in congratulating you, @yann, on some fine decal work, I have to admit I am really a bit more interested in what exactly your cocktail was? I do not recall seeing Clairpastis in any of my local liquor stores.

• Profile Photo

Thanks a lot Walt @luftwaffe-birdman. Actually it is not really a cocktail it's called Pastis and we use to drink this as a aperitif. You just have to dilute the pastis with water and add a couple of ice cube and then just relax on the deck and enjoy the sunset. Cheers!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Coming along nicely!

• Profile Photo
    Yann Bertholet said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Many Thanks Greg for your comment @gkittinger

• Profile Photo
    Yann Bertholet said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Hi everybody. Before starting the weekend, the progress of this week:

1st/ Removal of the masking liquid, a hell of a job on this plane. I'm calling the cockpit the cathedral with so much small clear parts.

2nd/ Mounting of the turret guns (except ball turret, this one will come at the end). One of those gave me a lot of trouble, the Tamiya quick and thin cement blurred the clear part. Hopefully not too much noticeable.

3rd/ Paint shop. In black this time, tires and propellers. While removing the pieces from the sprue one the blade broke down, this one has been repaired. But this afternoon when I was removing the masking tape she broke down again, one more time repaired. Let's see what will happen when decaling.

Have a nice weekend!

8 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Looking fantastic, my friend @yann!
    I bet the blade will NOT break during decalling... 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Really great progression, Yann. @yann
    Usually for glueing clear parts I use Revell Contacta Clear.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Looks great, @yann. The natural metal is very convincing. I have had trouble with removing masking on props previously, so I am very careful removing the masking. I have even used post-it notes to mask the tips with good results.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Such a nice job Yann! Fingers crossed that the props will behave now.