Hobbycraft Avro CF-100 Canuck 1/48

Started by Morne Meyer · 225 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Early morning detailing of the side consoles of the cockpit is finished just in time before leaving for work. The fire extinguisher next to the pilot was a challenge! Needless to say, quite a fun exercise!

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Gorgeous details, my friend @mornem!
    Early waking-up, adding those small details, before going to work: the stuff I love!
    You are a truly dedicated modeler!
    Looking forwad to your progress.

• Profile Photo

Thank you my friends for your comments that is always inspirational. We know as modelers what we do is a labour of love!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Fantastic as always, Morne.
    Hard to imagen that you are able to handle those parts and being able to grind them.

• Profile Photo

When I embarked on this scratchbuilding journey the idea was only to lower the flaps, pose the airbrake open and detail the inside of the open airbrake. However, the one scratchbuilding success feeds the next one and before you know it you bite off too much of the proverbial pie... or have I ? This photo is inspiring me to go head first into a scratchbuilding challenge like none before.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Yumm! I'm tasting that one already! Let's see an engine come to life... you really got the moxy going now!

• Profile Photo

Are you serious, Morne.
    That looks like a real challenge.
    Sure that you are able to achieve this as well.

• Profile Photo

Greg & John, I am serious when I say this is like climbing a mountain. I will first build the interior framing of the fuselage followed by the engine mounts. The engine itself will take some planning and needless to say Ol'Murphy is bound to come knocking again. I have managed to carefully cut away the fuselage access panels and started scratchbuilding the internal structure for the engine bay.

• Profile Photo

Some early morning modeling before work is a great start to my day. I started with the internal structure for the engine bay. Plasticard was bent to a curve and trimmed to fit the curvature of the lower fuselage half. Strengthening ribs were added from Evergreen styrene. Next part of the scratchbuilding process will focus on the engine mounts and structure that would support the engine.

• Profile Photo
    Adrian Starling said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Morne, this is looking really good and exceptionally neat and I am looking forward to following the engine build. A productive morning session and enjoy your Friday!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 2 months ago:

This really wonderful, my friend @mornem!
    What a project!
    Really looking forward to see that engine coming to life!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Adrian and Spiros. Fortunately I have some good references for the engine so I am confident that old Murphy shall not darken my door on this part of the build. I was sceptical about venturing this far down the scratchbuilding road but I like a challenge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Great challenge Morne!

• Profile Photo

Great fitting, Morne.
    With those kind of results you definitely have a good start of the day.

• Profile Photo

John my main concern is getting this big boy done. Lots of detailing and making sure everything fits like a glove when inserting the engine.