Hobbycraft Avro CF-100 Canuck 1/48

Started by Morne Meyer · 225 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 3 years, 2 months ago:

The scratchbuilt details thus far consist of 353 pieces of Evergreen Styrene, wire, pewter foil and brass tubing. Tonight I put some of the parts together to see what she will look like. Looking at all the individual parts together I must say it has been worth all the effort.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 2 months ago:

353 parts !, incredible, Morne.
    But every single piece is a wonderful addition to this build.
    Cannot wait to see the paint being applied.

• Profile Photo
    Adrian Starling said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Morne, the detail is incredible! You are going to have to mount the machine on a mirror when you are finished as the undercarriage detail needs also needs to be seen! Awesome work!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Wow, what a departure from the original kit, my friend @mornem!
    Looks absolutely amazing!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 2 months ago:

What a transformation @mornem! Very nice.

• Profile Photo

Thanks guys! She really looks nice with all those details. It's labour intensive, frustrating at times but sure worthwhile in the end. Thanks again for the kind comments guys. It's great motivation to get this done.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Man-o-man, that sure is purty! You've done some marvelous detail work - and FAST! Not that I want to rush life along, but as soon as these last 2 teenagers leave the house... 🙂

• Profile Photo

Today I managed to finish the pilot's ejection seat and the cockpit is finished. The jet exhausts were replaced with Evergreen styrene 12,7mm tubing for a more realistic look.

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 2 months ago:

That's a great looking interior, Morne.
    The exhaust is for sure an improvement.

• Profile Photo

Thanks John. The next hurdle will be to make the cut out engine bay panels fit over the scratchbuilt engine so that it could be displayed open or closed. After that I shall go back to finish the main landing gear and lower the flaps. Thereafter the painting stage can start in earnest.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Fitting and fiddling will take place. . . .

As always, a real pleasure to see this unfold Morne!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Erik. The fitting and fiddling of scratchbuilt parts are always an integral part of the build. I am happy with the progress thus far and look forward to the painting stage.

• Profile Photo
    Adrian Starling said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Morne, your scratch building is really outstanding and the paint stage is eagerly awaited!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Love the exhausts and, of course, the great cockpit, my friend @mornem!
    Looking gorgeous indeed!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Greg, Adrian and Spiros your comments are greatly appreciated. This build is already more than a month old and looking back at the progress I must say that I surprised myself. Having scratchbuilt lots of minute parts and even doing the engine, which I had great doubts about, has inspired me to go the extra mile, Without lots of motivation from my friends at Imodeler none of this would have been possible. Thanks guys!