Hobbycraft Avro CF-100 Canuck 1/48

Started by Morne Meyer · 225 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Hi Tom. Thanks for the nice comment! It definitely enhances the overall look of the wheelbay and undercarriage. The second retraction strut is nearing completion. I added some nuts / bolts details to the one strut. Waiting for the glue to set on the other one before adding its nuts / bolts.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Man, what an eye for detail!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Michel. Working with white plastic is not that easy. Would have been nice if Evergreen produced light grey styrene. Lol

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 3 months ago:

They do make black sheets, but no profiles as far as I know 🙂

• Profile Photo

I replaced the retraction arm on the front landing gear with brass and metal tubing. Sratchbuilt retraction struts were glued to the landing gear. I am pleased with the end result. Still some wiring to connect once the landing gear is glued in place.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 3 months ago:

You can absolutely be proud on that result, Morne.
    It looks amazing.

• Profile Photo

Thanks John. I am happy with it. A couple of minor errors but I can live with that. I had to scratchbuild a torque arm for the nose gear. The axle was also misaligned so I removed it and replace it with a brass tube.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Wonderful job, Morne @mornem.
    This NLG looks perfect!
    What a departure form the original kit offering (and I am sure I will repeat this last phrase many times during your build!)
    Congratulations on your skills and persistence!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend for the nice compliment! About 10 hours of labour went into the NLG. Still some plumbing and small details to add. It's about 98% complete. Next up will be the main undercarriage struts and oleos to contend with. It's a challenge but that's what keeps me going.

• Profile Photo
    George Schembri said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Amazing work Morne, you have more detail in that one wheel well than I have in the last three cockpits I assembled 😉

• Profile Photo

Amazing. You rock big time Morne @mornem! Very inspiring workmanship.

• Profile Photo

Thanks guys for the nice comments! It's greatly appreciated! I finally finished the front landing gear and wheelbay. About 92 pieces of styrene, wire, pewter foil, brass and metal tubing has been added to super detail the wheelbay, undercarriage doors and nose gear. Next up will be the main undercarriage and wheelbays.

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Wow Morne - what a fantastic build! I recently got rid of my HobbyCraft Canuck and Arrow kits (72 scale), but now I'm second-guessing myself! Love the excellent detail work - you are a master!

• Profile Photo

Gosh - you've got more parts in that nosewheelbay than you'll find in most kits!

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 3 years, 3 months ago:

The details you’re putting into this are phenomenal.