ICM 1/48 Counter Invader

Started by Eric Berg · 21 · 2 years ago · A-26 Invader, A-26K, B-26K Counter Invader, Counter Invader, ICM
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Those thoughts by Eric @airbum are a nice solution, Eric @eb801
    Looking forward to it.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Now, About These Tires...

As I dig further into the box of sprues, the one marked "H" also has these "LifeSaver" tires. For those that don't know, that's the name of a hard candy that has a hole in the middle and which is exactly what these kit tires look like. ICM retooled these especially for the Counter Invader but they made them too big and left off the radial tread pattern. ICM missed the boat on these for sure.

Here's what they are supposed to look like:

I will have to order proper ones. Fortunately ResKit makes a great set of late model Invader radials that are perfect. Now if I could only find them in stock somewhere here in the States.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Those Reskit aftermarket tires are for the B-26B/C. the B-26K used different tires. Check the box for other wheels.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Pity about the wheels, my friend @eb801.
    Looking forward to your solution.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 2 years, 5 months ago:

I wonder if the B-26K hubs would work with these tires. They have radial tread at least.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Rick@fuzzmann - funny you should bring up these ResKits B-26 type 4 wheels. Those are exactly what I was thinking of using when I referred to Reskit wheels previously. I was just about to post this very image so thank you for doing so.

Until someone comes out with aftermarket Counter Invader specific K wheels, I think these will do just fine even if the rear hubs are spoked, but I have seen K photos using them. The only other aftermarket K wheels out there were made by Cutting Edge/Meteor Productions included in their Counter Invader conversion kit designed for the Revell/Monogram A-26 but long OOP and going for $100 + on Evil Bay.

Until Counter Invader aftermarket wheels show up, I think I can get away using these. They probably will be available by the time I start construction on this ICM kit (Spring 2022).

Care to weigh in on this again, Tom@tcinla?