Messerschmitt Bf 109E-1, 1/48, Legion Condor, Spain FINISHED

Started by Erik Gjørup · 85 · 3 years ago · 1/48, airbum, Bf109, Bf109E-1, Eduard, Emil, halfworks, Legion Condor, Messerschmitt, quarterscale
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Thank you gents. I shall now change the title to FINISHED. There are many flaws on the build however, and I am not sure that it will be making the headlines - a photoshoot on a sunny day will be the deciding factor on that 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 4 months ago:

It would be a pity for this beauty not to reach the headlines, my friend @airbum!
    I definitely vote for posting!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 4 months ago:

You have done it again and built yet another 109 masterpiece. Well done my friend (as usual)

Once you get another nice sunny day I would definitely take some pictures and then post it in the headlines section.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Another vote for posting, Erik @airbum.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Looks great to me. I also vote you post it. Another well known modeler once told me something like this: “If you don’t point out your mistakes, everyone think you’re a genius”.

• Profile Photo

And with the arm fully twisted (and because the sun was out today) I shall be preparing it for the headlines.

Thank you all for the encouragement Spiros (@fiveten), Louis (@lgardner), John (@johnb) and Eric (@eb801).

• Profile Photo

By the way - somewhere during the build it became an E-1, and the heading has now been changed accordingly.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 4 months ago:

This was a wonderful modeling journey, my friend @airbum!
    I love Legion Condor planes, I love Legion Condor 109s and you did an amazing job on yours!
    Congratulations!
    Eagerly waiting to see it at the headlines!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Erik, @airbum
    Your Emil looks fantastic sitting there in the bright sunshine ! I'll bet you will have several different models placed in front of your camera lens today taking full advantage of the opportunity with Mother Nature cooperating. OK enough arm twisting for now... Well done my friend . 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 4 months ago:

It's looking fantastic, Erik.
    Good to see you posted it in the headlines.