Messerschmitt Bf 109 F-4, Spanish AF, Zvezda 1/48

Started by Erik Gjørup · 101 · 2 years ago · 1/48, airbum, Bf109, Friedrich, halfworks, Messerschmitt, Morón, quarterscale, Spain, Spanish AF, WWII
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 3 months ago:

I love the specific scheme and you splendid job does the most to enhance my love even more, my friend @airbum!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Nice to see you back in the saddle! Love the scheme and markings on this one - I think I might have to add something like this to my collection.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Looks very good Erik @ airbum
    A new world record here hein? 😉

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Thank you @fiveten. Good to be back @gkittinger, it is a nice bunch of colors. @holzhamer, perhaps I can stall the rest till July, then it will have been 2 years! (it started out in the kindergarten). I just need to load a few pictures, and then the last post on this one will come (except a photoshoot one day when the sun is out)

• Profile Photo

fasttracking!

I was on a roll today, and the race to get this one finished paid off

With the finish-line in clear view, I present the Friedrich as it was late this afternoon

A few items still missing – like antenna, spring for the hood and a stick to hold the cowling up. Then perhaps a bit of touchups, like the brakelines that are made from brass-tube (yes, tube, not rod)

next time this one appears will be on a sunny day. For now it is off to 7 days at work in a row, so not a lot of build-time for a week, but the last few days off has been rather productive, so I suppose that is OK

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Excellent result, Erik @airbum
    The splinter is fantastic and also how the detailed engine is shown is fantastic.
    First time I see a kit showing the bottom side of the engine exposed.

• Profile Photo

Looking great, my friend @airbum!
    Almost crossed the finished line!

• Profile Photo

The sun was out

and so was Friedrich from Spain!

With the sun insisting on a few pictures I rushed to add a few of the missing pieces. And then it was out to click away

Back inside, editing, I see that I forgot the rod for the cowling. Oh well, you can´t win them all.

I got some help, not only from the sun!

next up I may even have a rod or three installed (they need to be installed in the radiators too) and another sunny day – so all in all I can not call this finished yet – close, but no cigar!

• Profile Photo
    Keith said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Fabulous build thus far!

• Profile Photo

Love the result so far, my friend @airbum!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 3 months ago:

She looks amazing in the sun, Erik @airbum
    A little bit of help is always appreciated.