Monogram/Revell 1/48th Bf-110G2 ”Skeletal Hand” Build

Started by Walt · 89 · 2 years ago · 1/48, Bf-110, Luftwaffe, Monogram, Q1+VB, Revell, skeletal, skeleton
  • Profile Photo
    Walt said 3 years ago:

Getting closer, as I start to add those final pieces. I still have exhaust and some streaking to do, but am liking the overall look. I hope to have this one done by this weekend...we will see.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

Looking amazing, Walt @luftwaffe-birdman!
    Looking forward to see it finished!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 3 years ago:

This is really looking nice @luftwaffe-birdman. You're tempting me to pull out mine and do the Wespe.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years ago:

That is great weathering, Walt.
    I do too like the overall look a lot.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years ago:

Everything is coming together nicely, Walt (@luftwaffe-birdman). The weathering definitely adds realism to your build. I have never seen these markings before and I am really enjoying them on your plane.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years ago:

This is looking excellent! Nice touch on the weathering. I also had never seen these markings - like them very much.

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 3 years ago:

Well I was in the process of putting my Dullcote on, when as Uncle Felix would say Catostroffee!

I spilled some Dullcote on the wing and even dabbing it off it lifted the paint off. I sanded and have put paint back on the spot but now I have to try to blend it in with weathering and hope it doesn't stand out.

2 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years ago:

That is real bad luck, Walt.
    Those are the worst moments of a modeller.
    Your repair looks quite ok and I think that after weathering it will not be visible.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years ago:

Nice save - best of luck with re-weathering!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years ago:

Good luck, Walt (@luftwaffe-birdman). I always worry when things seem to be going really well, because that is when something goes wrong. And it always seems to happen near the end. For me, usually something with the decals or the clear coat. It looks like you might be able to blend everything together, so good luck on your repair.

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Well it's done! In general it was a decent build, but frustrations with warpage and some minor fit issues made it less fun. Spilling the Dullcote didn't help and when I peeled the tape off of the canopy I discovered my glue had wicked up under one of the pieces and marred it. I have sanded it a little and hit it with multiple applications of Future. It is better but far from perfect and I am not prepared to remove and replace the canopy with my spare, the rest of the kit isn't good enough to be worth that work.

Overall, if I had to give my self a grade on it, I would say C-.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Looks great, my friend @luftwaffe-birdman! Canopy marring is not that obvious, it looks good, even at that spot: I bet the canopy at the real plane would have its less than perfect spots, too!
    Loved following your build thread!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 11 months ago:

The entire build is absolutely more than the grade you gave it yourself, Walt @luftwaffe-birdman
    When I compare your 110 with my recent one, then yours is an absolute winner.
    Thanks for sharing your building progress with us.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 11 months ago:

I think you are being too critical, Walt (@luftwaffe-birdman). Model looks great, especially considering the problems you had to deal with. I always look at my building problems as a learning opportunity, so I must be really smart by now. :o)