Polikarpov Po-2 1/48 ICM-Eduard, post-war civil version, Hungary - FINISHED

Started by Csaba · 222 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Looking wonderful already, my friend @pikofix!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Great rigging, Csaba @pikofix
    The Uschi wire is indeed nice material, using it for the rigging on my current build as well.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 4 months ago:

@pikofix, indeed the UvdR is such a nice addition to the toolbox. The finishline is close by!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 4 months ago:

@pikofix - Thanks for cluing me in to your build. TC is correct. Your finish is extremely realistic. I know I should zip to the beginning of this build thread but I'm lazy, so is this kit a co-op between ICM and Eduard? ICM certainly has come a long way in the last few years, haven't they?

• Profile Photo
    Csaba said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Eric @eb801 my plan was to make a model based on the ICM kit, but replacing a few parts with from an unbuilt Eduard kit (which is basically a revised Gavia design with Eduard photoetch)
    At the end, the only reused part of the Eduard kit was the late style propeller. ICM made an early Po-2, and that version had a different propeller, besides other differences.

• Profile Photo

Well... Believe or not, the HA-PAX is finished and ready for her final photoshoot. On this week I managed to finish the remaining small bits. I made a very crude rear-view mirror from cardboard and Bare-Metal foil, hooked up the aileron controls, added the pitot tube to the right wing struts, and added the wire stays (those horizontal rod thingies in the middle of wires) to the rigging. A few touch up with a paint brush here and there to hide the glossy superglue at the turnbuckles, and that was it. My only model built in 2021 is now finished! Yay!

Stay tuned for the final photos, I need a few days to get the photo gear set up, take the photos and go through my usual post processing workflow. Hopefully I can have something by early next week.

• Profile Photo

She definitely deserves a photo shoot, Csaba @pikofix
    You spent your time well this year to create an amazing kit.

• Profile Photo

I managed to shoot a few photos, but I think I need to change the lighting setup for the final shoots. However, here is a unedited small teaser. 🙂

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

I'm speechless already, Csaba @pikofix
    Especially that shot from behind looks amazing. The rigging is beautifully visible.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 4 months ago:

What a teaser! Looking forward to the final presentation!

• Profile Photo

Here are the final photos - I also added an article to the front page.
    Thank you everyone for the support, comments, ideas, I really appreciate it!

Now, it´s time to get started with that Airbus project for the SAS group build.

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

She looks amazing on the headlines, Csaba @pikofix