Revell (Matchbox) 1/72 T-2E ”Buckeye”, Hellenic Air Force

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 161 · 3 years ago · 1/72, Hellenic Air Force, Matchbox, Revell, T-2
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Nicely done Spiros, looks good, a couple of happy modelers !

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Your son looks pretty darned happy, Spiros. Well done all the way.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Spiros, @fiveten
    I have read this build journal from the very beginning to the ultimate finish. You should be very pleased with how this one turned out. It looks spectacular ! The look on your son's face says it all... and it definitely deserves another thumbs up from me too ! 🙂

As far as your Tomcat and the metal planes series...I have one of the Franklin Mint metal planes... mine is Amelia Earhart's Lockheed Vega. It's all red, and a real beauty of a plane. I can see myself building up an electric powered 1/6 scale RC flying model of it someday. You did an equally magnificent job with using the base from the Tomcat here. Having a proper display for your work is essential, and it is like icing on the cake in it's current use.

Also, that is a good tip our friend Michel @michel-verschuere
    gave to us about using clear lacquer fingernail polish. I will definitely consider using it on a future build. One can never have too much knowledge, and that's what I really like about the Imodeler community. We have a bunch of good people that are willing to share their ideas.

Once again I have learned something by reading from your build journal. Thank you Sir !

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks my friends @kalamazoo, @eb801 and @lgardner!

Louis, those metal planes from Collection Armour / Franklin Mint were/are really something. They are scarcer and scarcer to find these days and their prices have gone ballistic. I have the quarter scales "Ridge Runner" P-51 and "Norma" P-47. I might post a couple of pics here as well!

An 1/6 RC Vega will be something!

I so agree wth your comments about

iModeler and the Great Community we have here!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 2 months ago:

WOW - that will be quite something for the desk! Thank you for sharing my friend.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @airbum!
    Fantastic to have you as a wingman at yet another build thread!

• Profile Photo
    Doug Humphrey said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Great result, Spiros. The "thumbs up" pick with your helper really highlights the scale!

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Congrats Spiros! great to see your son enjoying the hobby - The Buckeye looks super

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friends Doug @eydugstr and David @davem!

• Profile Photo
    Adrian Starling said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Spiros, this is a really impressive build and congratulations on completion. The trophy is in good hands!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @adrianstarling!