The rampage continues: Tamiya new 109 G-6

Started by Pedro L. Rocha · 67 · 4 years ago · 1/48, 109 G-6, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 4 years, 10 months ago:

Pipes and cables everywhere... I’ll call it tedious work so far Louis 🙂

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Stellan Schroeder Englund said 4 years, 10 months ago:

Are those pipes and cables included or did you pimp the engine area? Looks awsome.

• Profile Photo

All added Stellan, the base engine is great so detailing it just brings it to another level. I highly recommend doing it if you have the kit

• Profile Photo

Calling it done, despite one missing aileron weight (is it just to me that pieces vanish from the box without explanation or what?), and one repaint to do near the pitot tube. I’ll try to take better photos this weekend, these were taken using sun light.

As a conclusion I’ve spent as much time building this 109 as I did building Eduard 110 (and that is one fiddle kit!), around 100 hours, half just to detail the engine and weathering.

It’s a superb kit, but the gimmicks are not my favorite part at all. Tamiya usual accuracy, hassle free build and the big decals somewhat better than their older kits (the stencils still have a thick film unfortunately). Thanks for watching and I hope it can get some of you folks to build one too

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 years, 10 months ago:

Great job, Pedro. From top to bottom, the build is superb. You have a lot more patience for scratchbuilding than I do.

• Profile Photo

Thanks George! What you see there was my second attempt of scratch building minor engine parts, and awkwardly it gave me more satisfaction than I anticipated, and it surely improved the quality of the end model. But true scratch builders abound in this site, i’m not one of them for sure 😉

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 4 years, 10 months ago:

You gotta start SOMEwhere, Pedro! It looks great!