Marking the beast!
March 11, 2016 in Uncategorized
Man third times a charm tried posting this twice before! Ok so I started decaling my COD. The first challenge was to get the walkway decals to fit since I had re-scribed the aft escape hatches in the correct positions. I cut the walkway decals applied them and filled in the gaps with scraps. The decals are too dark, but I decided it was easier than painting them on! I have noticed several oddities as I had painted this aircraft none of which I paid attention to while working on and flying in this aircraft for an 8 month deployment. One was tha she had one grey outer flap, the “danger” arrows on the landing gear doors are plain red with no “danger” painted on them, the nacelles are overall grey, no white undersides, and yesterday I thought I had screwed up by putting NK on the wings and NH on the tail. Nope! Apparently when we re-modexed 32 prior to deployment we got the wing designator NH on the tails, but not on the wing, and flew the whole cruise that way!
4 additional images. Click to enlarge