Antonov-8 (An-8) 1/72 Amodel
Greetings to all!
I want to show my last work. Something under the influence of such a rainy summer I was struck by the winter theme )). Decided to land your An-8 somewhere in the winter. Cold, drove UMP-350, let it warm up plane before the flight. I took the photos on different days, catching the right light. Therefore, there is a “Sunny day”, there are “cloudy”. The reference was to the side of the Soviet Union-69334. Like it or not – judge for yourself. So, about work.
The whole structure located on the site of the finishing piece “sandwich” is left over from the repair of Windows. The surface topography was created using texture paste ZIP 14101. To simulate snow bought and tried out the “cat” is three part: powder ZIP 69090, pigment MIG 3016 liquid and “snow” Wilder SN 01. Won last, because it gives the most natural snow cover. I just rubbed the brush portions of the surface. Hardens and becomes solid. They also did the snow on the car. The terrain of the site tried to make had the impression of the field cleared with a grader. Turned or not, to judge you. It seems to me like a “hit”.
Refinement of the model.
Usual for Amodel quality runners and stykovka, nothing new. Added and changed the following:
1. Replaced node landing screws. For ease of rotation they are planted in the brass axis, inserted into a brass tube. From the engine to the axle soldered the cap to the axle jumped (see photo).
2. Planted on the axis and rotate all the wheels.
3. Turned from colorless and red Plexiglas, respectively, the lower and upper beacons.
4. Machined from a copper wire top antenna instead of regular plastic. The thread of the antenna from the bow.
5. In the set not found details aft (although were supposed to be). Had from amoxilina lapis yourself.
6. Added wherever necessary steketee statics of the pile tooth schetki melting tips.
7. Tube Mat – toasted tube from the antenna to the radio.
8. Landing light – filled transparent epoxy deepening.
9. Added 22 blue yellow front of the fire. Also the epoxy. On the aircraft structure 24, but 2 I have not found where they are. If someone tell me I would be grateful.
10. Added “gills” on the wing tips.
11. The cylinders of landing gear – foil adhesive.
Primer and paint – etched cylinders KUDO. Gray and dark blue color namesever on the eyes. The joints were isolated by preshading and washes. A wash was applied 3 shades of light gray, gray and black, depending on the placement. The higher the brighter. Tamiya Lacquer. Decals developed and printed myself. In addition to the white label on the wing (they are ordered). Technicals partially Braz from a set of partially added your.
It was made from scratch, focusing on a few photos. It turned out to be the An-8 is fairly complex design. Collected from sprue and wire (see photo). Especially for him I had to carve the sprue of three wheels. Clings to the wheel fork swivel. The dimensions of the elements of the carrier oriented at the pictures where not exactly hit the size.
Car UMP-350 (131).
Elegant in outline study and the collection set from the AVD Models. To collect their model is a pleasure. After painting a bit singled out by washing the parts and presneill. Long thought how to make a canvas progrevaniya sleeve from the car to the plane, but nothing came up. Left without them.
25 additional images. Click to enlarge.