This article is part of a series:
This is the second Avro 707A. It was assembled at the Avro maintenance facility at Bracebridge heath in Lincolnshire and flew for the first time on 20 February 1953. As early as 1947 the Avro company designed a jet bomber that was eventually developed into the Avro Vulcan bomber. The Avro 707 was used to research the delta configuration in a high speed environment. Later on the aircraft was used by the Royal Aircraft Establishment in Farnborough and Bedford for research work. This indivdual aircraft was stored in 1966 to be preserved for the future. Photos taken at the MOSI museum in Manchester.
19 additional images. Click to enlarge.