Monogram Hawker Typhoon-A Little Side Project.

Started by Seamus Boughe · 38 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 4 years, 2 months ago:

Wow...I feel like I just went through 'Intro to scratch building' and 'Scratch Building - 101'. Amazing work here!

@seamus1

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 4 years, 2 months ago:

Seamus what a brilliant idea of showing the stock kit along side of your build. It does a great job of showing off your modifications and improvements on your kit. Good to see you back on the boards and working a little of your magic.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 4 years, 2 months ago:

WoW! I really love your work, Seamus! And your comments, too; like "Eat your heart out, Hasegawa!" Hilarious!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 4 years, 2 months ago:

I agree with James - nice scratch-building tutorial! Coming along superbly!

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Well, the Monogram Typhoon is off the shelf again and the saga continues. This project is close to completion and now I have to decide if I want to leave it "as is" or put it in a small vignette.

20 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Humm 5 years on a model? Been there but not quite as good as yourself. This is a pleasure to read and watch. I wouldn’t be able to tell this is the old Monogram kit just by looking at those latest pics. Genuine good scratch build in several details plus a great paint work so far. Looking forward to see it done Seamus…vignette or no vignette

• Profile Photo

Well, this has been a little side project that I work on between bigger projects and commission builds plus work, family and life in general. So it has been on and off the shelf for so many years. This time around I am going to see it through to completion. Stay tuned.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Great to see this one back on the bench, Seamus @seamus1
    All the scratch building is superb, as well as the paintwork.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Nice to see this back on track, Seamus @seamus1!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo

Thank you for your interest, gentlemen. I have decided to put the Typhoon in a vignette along with a few figures and maybe a vehicle.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 1 month ago:

"A little side project..." heh heh...

Looks very good.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Kirwan said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Fantastic work and a great result. Modelling the way it should be!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 2 years, 1 month ago:

OMG Seamus, that Tiffy looks awesome. Great job on the upgrades.

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Wow mate this is great ,your patience and attention to detail really pays off, can't wait to see it finished.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Looks great, Seamus (@seamus1). Monogram and Revell are still my favorite kits and with a little TLC will build into a great model. Cheers.