1/48 Tamiya Spitfire Mk.Vb trop
This was built several years ago. This is 1/48 Tamiya Spitfire Mk.Vb trop with Turkish Air Force (TuAF) markings. In 1944 39 Spitfire Mk.Vb were sent from RAF Mediterranean stocks.
The cockpit is modified with:
– Eduard PE instrument panel
– Ultracast Spitfire resin seat
– Cutting Edge GM2 gunsight
The additional replacement parts are ;
– Ultracast Spitfire MkV exhaust
– The elevators from Ultracast Spitfire MkV Control surfaces set
The painting was done mostly with Gunze Sangyo acrylics. Upper surfaces painted with Gunze Sangyo Dark earth and Middlestone. Underside painted to “RAF Azure blue” by using a mixing from Tamiya acrylics. The square national insignias are from Turquoise decals . Black Code numbers (5514) are “home made” by my friend Özkan Türker. It s finished after a matt coat from Gunze.
22 additional images. Click to enlarge.