1/35 Czech Air Force Mi-24 Attack Helicopter
I finally finished this thing after four months of working on it almost every night. I used several after-market sets including PE by Eduard and a resin interior kit by Verlinden. In the end, I only used parts of each set. The interior ended up being some Resin, some model, and some Eduard PE. The quality of the kit was a bit disappointing with parts not fitting properly, being out of scale, and just plain poor molding, but in the end it turned out pretty well. This is the first time I’ve ever painted this type of camo so I experimented a lot with paint dilutions and masking before I found the right combination. The paint went on smooth as glass with no rough spots or out of scale texturing. Many parts were scratch-built.
11 additional images. Click to enlarge.