Bf 109E-3 of Swiss AF (Eduard 1/32)
I've always wanted to try something on this 1/32 scale, where all things are big. And also I wanted to have some of those Swiss "Alpen Flowers" on my shelf, so I thought merging these two things is a plan. I've started with searching for marking options and found beautiful decals produced by Victory Models – "Swiss Bf109s" (VPD32005). Unlike many other manufacturers, this one provided not only decal sheet, but a historical reference for each option with good explanations about differences of Swiss 109's. I highly recommend this decal.
I've picked Eduard's kit because of a good price and aftermarket parts availability – instrumental panel by Yahu (Poland), resin control surfaces and exhausts by "Komplekt ZiP" (Russia).
I didn't make a lot of additions, but some parts of Eduard's kit required a fix, like pilot's seat or radiator intakes. Also, I can't say that assembly was perfect, but anyway ...
Also, I've tried HGW microfibre seatbelts – this is something, way better than PE ones.
Now two words about Swiss modifications. First of all, they've used another machine guns, and this affects bulges placement on the engine cowling along with different gun barrels. Another thing is the control stick, which looks more like British one from Spitfire or Hurricane. Another one is modified gas throttle. And finally – interior was painted with an early shade of RLM63.
The model was painted with Gunze and Tamiya acrylics, weathered with oils, pigments and Vallejo water-based washes. The National insignia was made with masks instead of decals.
Maybe that's all, hope you'll like this unusual 109 with a flower on it.
14 additional images. Click to enlarge.