Things I hate about modelling
1. Decals-especially stencils. Long black walk/don’t walk lines which break into a million pieces. Roundels which fall apart if you look at them funny.
2. The floor where I spend 1/3 of my precious hobby time crawling about cursing because I’ve dropped a 1/48 scale pitot tube. Partner thinks it’s hilarious.
3. Talking of Pitot tubes, antennas and other protuberances which get broken off at the least provocation. Experience has taught to leave these parts till VERY LAST.
4. Decal fixes etc. Finding the right one which DOESN’T lift the paint off!
Similarly varnish cotes (sp) which create white stains or which clog up your (cheap) airbrush beyond redemption.
5. Superglue. Not Super! Sticks to everything except the model. Essential product for…
6. Resin. Early build, a Silver Wings Stearman. All resin. Tipped out pile of shrapnel onto desk. Mistook the shock absorber cantilevers for rudder pedals. If you snip anything it flies into a million pieces. Managed to build it eventually. Not a good one for a beginner.
3 additional images. Click to enlarge.