Profile Photo
2 articles

AMX - T Ghibli

December 8, 2020 · in Aviation · · 9 · 2.3K

Ghibli is the "nickname" attributed in the nineties to the (aeronautical nomenclature A-11B), a single-engine attack and reconnaissance aircraft, also available in the advanced training two-seat version (AMX-T), the result of industrial collaboration between Italy, with Alenia holding 70.3% of the program, and Brazil, with Embraer taking care of the remaining 29.7%. The AMX-T (aeronautical nomenclature TA-11B) is mainly a training aircraft and OCU (Operational Conversion Unit), but also has operational capabilities similar to those of the single-seater. The Ghibli is capable of carrying out close support missions, tactical reconnaissance and aerocooperation with surface forces (land and naval). The aircraft is equipped with an in-flight refueling system and, thanks to the avionics system supplied, is able to carry out missions at any time. In order to increase the use potential of the fleet, specific training programs were developed for the AMX line to operate with the aid of night vision goggles and an ACOL (Operational and Logistic Capacity Update) modernization program was completed, aimed, among other things, at other, to equip the Ghibli with more modern, precise and advanced ammunition.

model . Photo etched parts

Reader reactions:
3  Awesome

3 additional images. Click to enlarge.

9 responses

  1. This is a wonderful build of such an interesting plane, Franco!
    Your excellent model and accompanying nice short intro is an inspiration for me to go and read some more about this seemingly exciting plane.
    Well done!

  2. An excellent build, Franco.
    Besides the aircraft, also the surrounding is beautiful.

  3. Model in the "diorama" to be highly REALISTIC. Wonderful work.

  4. Well done Franco, I sure would enjoy you posting more pics of this fine build.

  5. I'm with Tom - more pics! Looks great! I've been hoping for an injection molded AMX in 1/72 for years...

  6. The aeroplane looks great, did you photograph it inside a real hangar?

  7. More pics for you

    2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

Leave a Reply