I’m getting “exhausted” with this build
Continuing with the A-1H. One thing that is notable about most pictures of Skyraiders is the heavy exhaust staining and general grime on the aircraft. I did mine using a combination of pastels and airbrush. Footprints and stains on the wing are pastels. Also notice the slight orange staining coming from the wing fold area. That is not depicting rust, but rather the grease used which turned orange after exposure to the sun. You sometimes see this effect overdone on Naval Aviation models. I spent many hours greasing the wing fold locks and other areas of E-2Cs and then later wiping it off of where the wind and exhaust from other aircraft blew it. The stuff stained the paint, and my Chief always knew if we had skipped greasing, because he could see the orange grease in the wing butt! Anyway, coming down the home stretch!
2 additional images. Click to enlarge.