Trumpeter 1/32 F105 D Thunderchief
This 105 is built to represent a jet flown by Capt. Vic Vizcarra, from the 354th TFS, Takhli, RTAFB, September-November 1966. Destroyed in a ground accident on 16/12/68 during overhual at a depot on Tinian, Taiwan.
There were many additions and corrections required on this model.
1) Reprofiled the nose
2) Removed strike camera under the nose
3) Scratched seamless intakes and actuater rails
4) Removed the tunnel on the spine that housed part of the redundant hydraulic system. This mod only appeared on later jets.
5)Scratched the interior of the afterburner
6) Added missing detail to the 20mm and interior of gun bay and access doors
7) Scratched the ventral fin
8) Corrected the rudder
9) Rebuilt the ECM pod
10) AIM 9B added from spares box
11) Resin wheel bays
12) Resin pit from Avionix
13) Metal undercarriage and pitot
14) Scratched the gun sight
15) Added detail to inside of the canopy
16) Opened access doors to hydraulic system, emergency canopy release and single point refuelling access
17) Reprofiled the M117's as the nose was far too blunt.
The model was painted mostly with AK Real Colors