This is my AFV kit in a long time I used the old but still decent kit from Italeri in 1/35. Built straight from the box. Painted using Tamiya paints (mostly) and Gunze. Kit decals for a Wermacht army division in Russia. Weathering using[...]
This is my latest kit finished. Tamiya kit (60766).
Built mostly straight out of the box with the following improvements:
Eduard pre-painted photo etched seat belts
Replace the wing cannons by 1mm metal tubes
Replace the pitot tube using syringe[...]
I had this half built Otaki 1/48th scale Spitfire stashed in my shelf of doom, until I saw on the internet a guy from Melbourne who scratch built some 1/32 aircraft (Spitfire, Messerschmitt and MiG 15) into some sort of race cars. I liked the id[...]
Spitfire MK Vb F/Sgt. K. Basset, RAAF 1941 (Tamiya 1941)
The motivation to built this model came from an informal Group Build organised in my modelling club SAPMA. The idea was to build a Spitfire used by an Aussie during WWII.
I've choose to b[...]
I always wanted to build a WWI era aeroplane. However, the idea of rigging it put me off until I saw this kit from Airfix. Easy kit, very good detail and a not so complicated rigging.
So I decided to give it a go.
I've learned a few new (for me [...]
This is my latest kit finished, using the Tamiya Bf109E-3.
My intention was to make one of the decal options for the aircraft flown by Obfw. Jakob Arnoldy.
He was attached to 4./JG77 based on Mandal, Norway, in 1940.
During that time he was flyi[...]
I usually don't build models under commission, but in this case it was a especial request and a favor to a fellow member of my modelling club (SAPMA).
Dudley Hokings is a senior member of the club and due his age he no longer is able to[...]
I had this very old Heller kit sitting in my stash for over 30 years. Due it's age it was not engraved panel lines, so I decided to use it as a practice for my first ever try to engrave panel lines in a kit. It was not perfect but I've l[...]
Model improved with full scratch built interior, add new wheels from my spare parts box.
Added new machine guns and new pitot from syringe needles.
Painted mostly using Tamiya and Gunze aqueous Hobby Colours acrylics.
Painted with Gunze and Tamiya acrylics.