Kawasaki KZ1300 B Touring

Started by Cricket · 134 · 5 months ago · 1/6th, Kawasaki KZ1300 B Touring, motorcycle, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 7 months, 2 weeks ago:

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @fjs3 @ij001 @ssgt @fiveten @eb8010 @eb8011 @eb8012 @eb8013 @eb8014

The long awaited (by me anyway) Tamiya 1/6th KZ 1300 B Touring has begun. I have been watching this kit for about a year now but it was crazy expensive and the tires were in bad shape. I found one in the states and grabbed it, although still not inexpensive i like it 🙂

I searched for the proper color and with the help of some of you i opted for the Tamiya Maroon TS-11

Pics included are it’s sister bike the Z1300 which I built about a year ago

Stayed tuned for updates. I am going to work on the cowlings and body parts first and hope the decals are in good shape for this 41 year old kit 🙂

Instructions are in Japanese and my phone translator is having a loads of fun with that :). Luckily I still have the instructions from the other bike and all I need to decode are the cowlings 🙂

Stayed tuned to this Bat Channel for updates ; )

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Frederick J Seitz III said 7 months, 2 weeks ago:

Beautiful progress so far Cricket! Love the finished bike too. Which kit was that?

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 7 months, 2 weeks ago:

Excellent start, my friend @bikeqieen!
    The sister Z looks awesome!

• Profile Photo

@fjs3 Thank you Fredrick the First kit was the Tamiya Kawasaki Z1300 number 16019 also 1/6th

• Profile Photo

@fiveten Thanks Spiros! Got all the cowlings and stuff painted, will resist temptation and let them dry really well before I decal them 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 7 months, 2 weeks ago:

This will be another excellent build, Cricket @bikequeen
    How about checking at scalemates.com for English instructions, it seems to be available on this site.
    https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tamiya-16021-kawasaki-kz1300b-touring--128192

• Profile Photo

@johnb HA! Thanks John! But u have taken away the fun of the translator…LOL

This is AWESOME! Thank you!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 7 months, 2 weeks ago:

The color you chose is outstanding, Cricket (@bikequeen). Dark and rich, like a fine wine. :o) You probably weren't modeling back in the old days when the instructions in Hasegawa, Tamiya, and several others were always in Japanese. We didn't have translators on smart phones, so it was important to be able to interpret the drawings. Maybe George (@chinesegeorge) can help?

• Profile Photo

@gblair back in my model days I dont have Hasegawa or Tamiya. I was stuck with Revell, AMT, etc etc and I didn’t paint any of them. And I used the tube glue that was put in lead tubes 🙂 I was a big fan of Ed Roth’s monster cars :). I guess that dates me 😉

• Profile Photo

I love Ed Roth stuff, Cricket (@bikequeen). Remember all of those outrageous figures of stuff like Rat Fink? Atlantis Models is releasing a bunch of the figures again. I just finished one of a pilot in his flamed-out plane.

• Profile Photo

@gblair are you sure you’re not thinking of Dave Deal George?

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @fjs3 @ij001 @ssgt @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder

Todays progress, I did all the cowlings etc etc, liking the maroon, glad I choose it. Couple pics, one in the sun, the other in the shade … the latter you can see the reflections of the trees :). Not perfect but I like it

Sun

Shade

1 additional image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 7 months, 2 weeks ago:

Hi Cricket @bikequeen, great start to this 1/6 Kawasaki, the colour looks great, goos idea to let the paint really cure before doing any more work on it.

• Profile Photo

You are getting some great results with a spray can, Cricket (@bikequeen). I'm liking this color more every time I see it. I think I have the tri-plane in my garage.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 7 months, 2 weeks ago:

Very nice choice. Too bad the fairing hides this awesome engine. The painting was excellent and the color matched perfectly.