Kawasaki KZ1300 B Touring

Started by Cricket · 134 · 5 months ago · 1/6th, Kawasaki KZ1300 B Touring, motorcycle, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Congratulations on your promotion, my friend @bikequeen! Absolutely well deserved!

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

@chinesegeorge I was just a lowly secretary…now I’m a lowly Lieutenant…LOL. Yes progress continues on the wrecked Kawasaki 🙂

SNOWING!? Keep it! Up in the lumper 60’s low 70’s the last couple days

• Profile Photo

@fiveten…. Thank you Spiros…I dont know about the well deserved part though 🙂

• Profile Photo

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @fis3 @1001 @ssgt @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @eb8010 @eb8011 @eb8012 @eb8013 @eb8014 @eb8015 @eb8016 @eb8017

Some more updates today before I return the kitchen table to a kitchen table of all things….Geeesh 🙂

Fuel tank is mounted, seats are mounted a few do dads etc etc. I still have some brake/clutch lines to run….have some ideas about that.then the “trunk” and front cowling…i still have some tiny details to paint In and do the other side which wont be as detailed as this side…so here it is so far…..

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looking Sooooo realistic, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

You are really good at this, Cricket @bikequeen
    The effects do indeed look very realistic.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Your weathering continues to amaze, Cricket (@bikequeen). The techniques that you are using "on the fly" are all creating very realistic finishes. Congrats on your promotion. Does that mean everyone has to salute you? We went from record freezing temps last week to 85 degrees by Wednesday. Still many inches behind in rain. Lakes are less than half full. This summer should be fun.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @johnb @gblair thanks everyone no saluting or I will have to fire ; ). The weathering is really kind of intuitive actually. Ive seen so many trashed vehicles in my life 🙂

The pastel thing is kind of tricky as you cant really see it going on and when it dries it can be too much but it wipes off. I guess if I do it again like on the other side I would start with dark colors first and then go is with the greys. Also a fine bristle toothbrush works better than a course one, the latter put on way to much

Once I put the front cowling on it will hide a lot : ( so im taking pics now

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Your weathering is so well done and realistic, Cricket @bikequeen. Congrats on this build and your promotion.

• Profile Photo

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @fis3 @1001 @ssgt @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @coondog @billkoppos @atjoe @impisi @dion-dunn

I finished the Kawasaki and posted it to the headlines….thought it would be easier than posting it twice….enjoy :). Link below 🙂

Tamiya, Kawasaki KZ1300 B Touring bike, 1/6th scale.
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

@bikequeen - Amazing work Cricket!

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

two thumbs up

Nice work Cricket!

• Profile Photo

Congratulations, my friend @bikequeen! Looks awesome at the headlines!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

A well deserved headline post, Cricket @bikequeen
    You really showed your weathering talents with this build.