Kawasaki Ninja H2R 1/12th

Started by Cricket · 131 · 4 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 months ago:

I know all of these kits will be immaculate when you are done, Cricket (@bikequeen). The problem with the cannon is that it has been around in its current form since the 60s, and maybe longer. The metal is really old school technology. It will build into a nice model, but it will take a lot of work with old school tools. The Ninja, on the other hand, along with all of the cool stuff, is really new technology. These will be like bookends, showing the old and new technology. Looking forward to both.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 5 months ago:

You obviously have a direct line to Santa, Cricket @bikequeen, looking forward to seeing those Kawasakis.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 5 months ago:

@chinesegeorge @johnb @gblair @fiveten

Thanks everyone, was going to get a jump on it today but life, as usual, got in the way. And no direct line to Santa I bought them myself 😉

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 4 months, 4 weeks ago:

@jagmkx @eb801 @eb8012 @eb8015 @eb8016 @eb8017 @eb8018 @eb8019 @eb8012 @eb8014 @eb8016 @eb8018 @eb8010 @eb8012 @eb8014 @eb8016 @eb8010 @eb8012 @eb8014 @eb8016 @eb8018 @eb8010 @eb8012 @eb8014 @eb8016 @eb8011 @eb8010 @eb8011 @eb8012 @eb8013 @eb8014 @eb8015 @eb8016 @eb8017 @eb8018 @eb8019 @eb80120 @eb80121

Scary stuff with an airbrush day 🙂

I got my new airbrush but was unable to use as I didn’t have the hose adapter. 🙁

So I used my Paasche and did the frame and engine block.

Started with the grey plastic although you really cant tell from the photos

painted everything rattle can gloss black first

and with the frame I added Tamiya Mica Silver as a base

then airbrushed clear green on it.

For the engine, I did the gloss black

then a coat of AK Duraluminum
    on it also with the airbrush. Both came out really GREAT! So I’m pumped

I have never used th AK Paints before so this was an adventure, also the airbrush is a relatively new process for me

• Profile Photo
    John Truby said 4 months, 4 weeks ago:

That's some really beautiful progress, so far. @bikequeen

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 months, 4 weeks ago:

Very nice start, Cricket @bikequeen
    A pity you didn't have the adapter, I'm looking forward to your experience on this airbrush since I'm looking for a new one as well.
    Your red nail polish and the green frame do match perfectly with the Christmas mood 🤭

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 months, 4 weeks ago:

Excellent progress, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo

@jdtruby Thank you John! I surprised myself all the detail up parts are in country so I should have them this week sometime

• Profile Photo

@johnb Thank you John. I am looking forward to the H&S airbrush having such great success yesterday :). The red and green was not planned 😉

• Profile Photo

@fiveten thanks Spiros!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 4 months, 4 weeks ago:

Some good work there, Cricket @bikequeen, those AK paints are really good, I find you can even hand brush them on with good results

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge thanks George! What I like best was it was right out of the bottle into the airbrush no thinning GREAT results!

• Profile Photo

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @ssgt @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @coondog @billkoppos @atjoe @impisi @dion-dunn @chrisballard @jdtruby @clipper @de4ever

Anyone use Mr. Color paints? I have been loyal to Tamiya but there Chrome Silver just isn’t bright enough so I bought Mr Color #8 and it’s GREAT but I think it’s a lacquer….is that so? I dont like lacquer 🙂 and it’s really thick…but is bright silver. Anyone? 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 months, 4 weeks ago:

Hi Cricket (@bikequeen): Mr Color is lacquer. I do my painting inside the house, so I am not anxious to start using a lacquer. I just saw an ad for a chrome paint made by Revell. It is expensive, but it looks good on the stuff I have seen online. I hope you have a great Christmas (and uneventful for the Fire Dept).

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 4 months, 3 weeks ago:

@gblair Thanks George! I figured it out from another modeler, Mr. Hobby is Acrylic and Mr. Color is Lacquer. I wanted it for screw/bolts heads etc etc. When it cones to spraying silver I love Tamiya Silver Leaf TS-30. It’s a great finish.

Yes Christmas was a quiet day thankfully of course it ws in the upper 50’s. Geeesh 🙂

Got some work done on the bike but not much….pics later. The PE parts will be here today. YAAAY! 🙂