Kawasaki Ninja H2R 1/12th

Started by Cricket · 131 · 4 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 months, 1 week ago:

All good with me, my friend @bikequeen.
    Strange what happened with the AK chrome. Looking forward to the pics!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Sorry your Chrome still isn't working, Cricket (@bikequeen). Metallic paint can be touchy, but I would think if one worked, the other would, too. Also sorry about the other thing. Never heard of something like that before. That's not what this site is about. Feel free to comment on any of my posts. :o)

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 months, 1 week ago:

A pity that the chrome still doesn't want to work well, Cricket @bikequeen
    Sorry to hear about the posting thing, hard to believe you are offending or spamming with your posts, I always like receiving comments from you.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 4 months, 1 week ago:

@fiveten @gblair @johnb thanks guys, I finished it last night, no pics yet, got a raging migraine our bad weather fizzled out which is fine with me. But still going to get VERY cold.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 4 months, 1 week ago:

@bikequeen - Hopefully you straighten things out. I never think to tag people when I initially post. Sorry to hear about the migraine as well. Hopefully we get pics soon! We're getting dumped on with snow right now. We're at about 6-8 inches and it won't be done until 9am tomorrow. It's 3:30 pm right now in WI.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 4 months, 1 week ago:

An interesting post, Cricket @bikequeen, looking forward to seeing the photos. Sorry about the migraine and the bad weather. I’ve been blocked by one iModeler in the past, no names no packdrill, now he’s unblocked me and made me a friend, life goes on. Remember - happy modelling.

• Profile Photo

@brithebuilder thank Brian and your sending it to us….we will have it by Sunday…I’ll get u for this

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Get well soon, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo

Hope you will recover from your migrane soon, Cricket @bikequeen
    You will need to be in good shape to start building that snowman when the winter weather arrives.

• Profile Photo

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @ssgt @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @coondog @billkoppos @atjoe @impisi @dion-dunn @chrisballard @jdtruby @clipper @tcinla

Kawasaki Ninja HR Carbon done.

Came out pretty well. The things i have learned from this build

• Top Studio parts are better than Hobby Design parts. The latter is not bad but top studio has more detailed stuff
    • Mr Color is Lacquer paint, Mr Hobby is acrylic paint. I got the Mr. Color Sliver because I was looking for something brighter than Tamiya’s Chrome Sliver and it is. Another thing is Tamiya paint rode up the tiny brush so it was hard to get tiny dots where I needed them, the Mr Color did not, stayed right at that the tip where I needed it
    • the Hobby Design chain was a tiny bit easier to assemble than the Top Studio one but it was static where as the top studio one was not, but I didn’t want to move it too much or it would fall apart.
    • Hobby Design came with the cool plaque and the mostly tag plate, I made a wood stand for the plaque.
    • I sprayed Tamiya smoke over the exhaust system, it toned it down a bit, I also used a eyeshadow sponge applicator to remove the fingerprints before I sprayed…that worked great
    • as noted the AK Chrome was a total fail, however the AK Aluminum on the engine was perfect., I shot the parts that were to be chrome with Tamiya Mica Silver. I shot clear over the fuel tank and wish I hadn’t because it looked much better without it.
    • the tires were like a gum rubber, they would not sand well like some of the other Tamiya tires did and some of the plastic had lines in it where it was injected…hadn’t seen that before and made paintings those parts difficult

So all in all it would i would rate the kit and Hobby Design a 9 total. The Yamaha I dod before this one was a perfect 10 🙂 and without further ado, here it is.

This is it for me for awhile…I am put of key color paints and really dont have the $ to get any for awhile.

And NO i am not going to build a snowman or woman 😉

The other issue seems to have resolved itself and I’m sorry I brought it up : /

6 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Dion Dunn said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Sweet!

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 4 months, 1 week ago:

@bikequeen - Beautiful piece Cricket!

• Profile Photo

A wonderful bike, Cricket @bikequeen
    You definitely got the most out of this kit.

• Profile Photo

@diondunn @brithebuilder @johnb. Thanks guys…it was a battle there for awhile. But I’m happy with it

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 months, 1 week ago:

The subtle colors in this bike, as well as its detail and complexity, put it at the top of your builds, Cricket (@bikequeen). If you aren't posting your builds, I hope you still plan to drop in on the rest of our builds.