Tamiya Kawasaki ZZR 1400

Started by Cricket · 40 · 7 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

@fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @bikequeen @rory @faraomike

And the winner is of the next kit to build 🙂

I chose the Kawasaki ZZR 1400 1/12th. I will do the box art Euro version because I LOVE the color scheme. Cowlings and front fender done in Tamiya Gun Metal, with a dash of Metallic Black. The rest of the bike will be a mix of Semi glass black and flat black. This is gunna be a HOT looking bike 🙂
    @faraomike
    I have to mix colors for parts of the forks and wheels, Metallic brown and flat black

Here is the box art, I painted the cowlings and they are drying so pics later

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @fjs3 @ij001 @ssgt @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @bikequeen

Here are the cowlings before and after painting Tamiya Gun Metal

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

That looks very attractive !

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

Great paintwork to start with, Cricket @bikequeen

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

Gunmetal looks great, Cricket (@bikequeen). I assume you are using an airbrush since you had to mix the color?

• Profile Photo

@ssgt @johnb @gblair Thanks guys I got update pics in a second :). George no the gunmetal is out of a can, I mixed metallic brown and flat black for the bottom of the fork and wheels, but it was way to dark the way they had it mixed so I added much more brown to get it right

• Profile Photo

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @fjs3 @ij001 @ssgt @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder

Todays progress

Hard to see but the side cowlings have a Metallic Black on the bottom part

Engine is all Black except for the carbs and bolt heads…have a couple decals to add on the engine

Swing arm and chain are painted and drying….a good days work. Was nice to do something for me for a change the last couple weeks have been nutz

Enjoy, thanks for looking

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

That’s a really cool colour scheme, Cricket @bikequeen, you’ve made a great start to this Kawasaki. I hope the weather keeps behaving itself for you.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

Pretty amazing work with a spray can, Cricket (@bikequeen). Your colors and tones are very cool.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

Definitely a good days work, Cricket @bikequeen
    Beautiful paintwork on those parts.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

Excellent so far, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

Wow Cricket, your build is looking great... I love the colour scheme and you have made good progress!

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge This week the weather will be GREAT lows in the 50’s highs in the mod 70’s. Fahrenheit….I’m Celsius challenged like most spoiled Americans 🙂

Thanks….I like these colors. And I’m liking Kawasaki machines, they have a certain flair about them the more I build the more I like their style

• Profile Photo

@gblair Thanks George…all my stuff is mostly Tamiya spray cans, I do not have the knack for an airbrush, either it goes on like a fire hose ( i know about fore hoses 🙂 ) or it goes on like powder ….dont have the patience for it. I like the instant gratification I get from Tamiya cans parts are dry as soon as they are sprayed almost. 🙂

• Profile Photo

@johnb. Thanks John….I noticed a seem on the fuel tank…thought I got it out 🙁