Tamiya Kawasaki ZZR 1400

Started by Cricket · 40 · 7 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

@johnb Thats a 1000 dots John 😉

• Profile Photo

@jagmkx @eb801 @j-healy @faraomike @pb_legend @airbum @fjs3 @ij001 @ssgt @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder

Kawasaki ZZR 1400 is now complete, and I have unintentionally broke my own record, out of the box and completed in 3 days!

This is a study of blacks and silver. I have always said there is no such thing as Black and white but many shades in between.

Gunmetal, Flat Black, Gloss Black, Semi Gloss Balck and Metallic Black and of course the 1000 tiny silver dots 🙂 Was a fun build, box stock no added goodies, dont know why, some Detail-Up forks would have been a nice touch but they don’t make them for this bike 🙁

Anyway….here are the pics

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

The subtle colors and textures make this one really stand out, Cricket (@bikequeen). The best of the best. And three days is a hard-to-beat record for a model that looks this good. I am still overwhelmed by the dots. Well done.

• Profile Photo

@gblair! Again thanks George! I got this tiny brush made by Tamiya stir Tamiya Chrome silver and barely dip it in the paint and just touch it to all the screw heads. After a few I wipe it on my hand, stir the paint and repeat It’s tedious but worth the effort. Not as tedious as drilling all the rotors out 😉

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

Three days is really something, Cricket @bikequeen, it must be some kind of record. The bike looks really cool in this colour scheme, get it in the headlines really quick.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

Wow!
    Congratulations, my friend @bikequeen!
    Awesome result, lightning speed build!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

Oeps, missed a 0, Cricket @bikequeen
    Your build went as fast as the bike is, really amazing how you can achieve this result in such a short notice.
    The bike looks perfect.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge @fiveten @johnb Thanks guys! After working for others for 3 weeks with little gratification i decide I would get some instant gratification working on a bike. I put in about 10 to 12 hours a day on it. I get really OCD and have hard time doing anything else once I start on a model : )the paint dries almost instantly so it’s pretty easy to crack on with a build. There were no add ones with this one but it really could have used some Detail-Up forks! I’m glad you all enjoyed it as much as I did building it : )

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

@bikequeen - Wow, I'm gone for a couple days and you do an entire build! Fantastic work Cricket. All of the detail painting looks really great.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 7 months, 2 weeks ago:

@brithebuilder Thanks Brian! See what ya miss when your gone : )