Messerschmitt Bf109 F-4 V-12, Royal Hungarian Air Force, eduard 1/48

• 6 posts
  • Last reply 3 days, 6 hours ago
  • 1/48, Bf109, Eduard, hungary
Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 posts
  • Erik Gjørup said 6 days, 20 hours ago:

People – I have a confession…..

I have a few 109’s in the works. All the ones in progress are eduard kits. This topic will be about a 109F-4 that is quite a bit along the assembly line, but I will be starting it up from the beginning, and then at some point the postings will catch up with reality – hope you will forgive me for taking that approach. It has been posted on my ello.co profile ello.co/airbum – however you have to be logged in to follow it there, so to spare you creating an account there, here we go;

The cockpit had some detail added. The throttle was remade as eduard has cast it to the wall, and pushrods and the tailwheel lock mechanism had to be made too.

On the right wall the chartholder was thinned, wiring and boxes placed, and a handle fashioned from stretched sprue.

• Louis Gardner said 6 days, 19 hours ago:

I like it !!!!

Nothing wrong with assembly line model building …………. 😉

• George R Blair Jr said 6 days, 4 hours ago:

Looks good. I am looking forward to seeing a paint scheme that isn’t normally used.

• Morne Meyer said 3 days, 22 hours ago:

AWESOME!!! Will follow this build.

• Csaba said 3 days, 20 hours ago:

Great build, I will follow it!
    You might find these photos useful. I built the V -07 recently in 1:72 scale, and found a few good photos of the Hungarian F-4s during my research. One of these is a rare original color photo of V -12.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Erik Gjørup said 3 days, 6 hours ago:

Thanx guys!
    Louis – right you are, the more the merrier…
    George, Morne and Csaba – hope that the finished work wont let you down – still has a “L” on my airbrush 🙂
    Csaba – thank you for the pictures – good inspiration!

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 posts