1/72 Heller, my first Vampire, I modified and replaced a few things, finished in enamels, MM 1781 with Tamiya X22 over Airfix and spare Aussie decals.
Well here's a thing, I finished an Airfix Vampire too !!
Built for the RNZAF 80th Anniversary GB over at Kiwi Modeller, the Airfix T.11/T.55 is quite simply a delight. Construction is virtually vice-free with only a 'smear' of putty here and th[...]
1/72 Airfix, my second Vampire, I modified and replaced a few things, finished in Tamiya and MM enamels with Future and Matt Cote or Micro flat over kit and spare Aussie decals.
Here we go again, I think I have finally gone totally insane, I am truly a s****r for punishment. Let me wipe the tears from my eyes and continue with this tale of horror.
Let me begin by saying that the only reason for me building this kit is [...]
Mostly show, not tell - but I will say I never went to an air show before yesterday. Weather was questionable but worked out. I don't use the word 'awesome' much, but will say the Blue Angels fit that description.
Also first I ever saw a P-51 in[...]
1/72 Airfix, my third Vampire, I fitted nav' lights and antennae, finished in Model Master enamels with Future over kit and Daves decals.
As you can probably tell by now I'm quite taken with Airfix's new tooled kits and this oneis one of the good ones. Finished with Citadel Mithril Silver and Xtradecal set X72-172 as WZ584 (K) from the Central Air Traffic Control School based at R[...]
After my ever first post, with the positive comments I received, I was encouraged to crack on with the Vampire as and when spare time allowed. I always like to learn lessons, new techniques and improve on every build, and with this one I certa[...]
I'm new to this blogging thing, but my wife blogs extensively about her quilting/patchwork and really enjoys the process and feedback she gets, so here goes.
I've restarted modeling after a 25 year (i guess) break and I am amazed at the devel[...]
Unlike the Gloster Meteor ‑ which was always intended to be an operational fighter ‑ the deHavilland Vampire began as an experimental aircraft, originally developed to specification E6/41, to test the deHavilland Halford H.1 jet engine. Design [...]