Wingnut Wings Albatros D.V
April 20, 2013 in Aviation
This is my first WNW and large scale WW1 build and am very pleased with how easily it all went together. Although the detail that comes in the box is outstanding, I used the following aftermarket products:
Pheon Albatros lozenge decals, Gaspatch Turnbuckles, Bob’s Buckles eyelets, EZ Line rigging thread, Master Details Spandau MG’s, Taurus valves, lifters, spark plugs, timing gear and manifold nuts, BarracudaCast manifold (with piping from kit), Tiger Models exhaust pipe, and the RB Productions seat harness and wood grain templates. I also added various bits from thin wire.
Paints used were Floquil Antique White and Butternut for the fuselage base color; Ochre, SP Armor Yellow, and RLM 04 Yellow thinned and mixed 1:1 with Clear for the opaque varnish, WEM Nocciola Chiaro and Marrone Mimetico 4 for the wood grain beneath; Floquil Russian Light Grey, Reefer White, and Engine Black for the metal bits and markings. Burlington Green and SP Armor Yellow 2:1 for the interior metal bits; Floquil Old Silver, Copper, and Brass for the natural metal parts; Testors Metallizer Burnt Metal and Burnt Iron for the exhaust pipe.
Very enjoyable build and quite forgiving considering that it was my first foray into Great War in 1/32nd. I will definitely build their D.Va as well, but some of the RFC types are calling to me from the stash.
20 additional images. Click to enlarge