iModeler January Awards
Opening the third year of iModeler’s honorary contest it’s time to announce our January results. That month brought us 103 new articles and 1697 comments at iModeler.
As usual, we’re awarding the Best in Show title to the entry that wins the jury’s award, but also list runner-ups as Honorable Mentions. We think that all are great modeling accomplishments that deserve recognition.
iModeler Best in Show – January 2015
The jury’s vote goes to Nguyen Huy Hoang’s 1/48 A-1H Skyraider from Tamiya. The modeler’s attention to detail (which extends to the realistic base framing the model) and finishing talents are apparent in the pictures. We admire all the scrachbuilt detailing that went to this model and the well-balanced finish which both contribute to the great overall result. The iModeler award goes all the way to Vietnam!
Nguyen Huy Hoang’s other creations – all of which have been attracting many comments – can be admired at his iModeler blog.
But wait, there is more…
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all the entries of the month. This time, our lucky winner is John Richards with his
BF 109 E-3 Tamiya 1/48 scale. Thank you for bringing all those cool modeling projects to iModeler!
Honorable Mentions: Our Extraordinary Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Jack Mugan – Building Big Daddy Roth’s Outlaw
2. Eric Galliers – Italeri F-104S 1/32
3. Dirk Derks – Royal Netherlands Naval Air Station “DE KOOY” 1967
4. K. J. Bricknell – Wingnut Wings Potpourri
5. Alastair Barbour – Mach II 1/72 Convair 440 Metropolitan – Continental Airlines Delivery scheme
6. Dennis Meyers – 1/35 FT-17
7. Tolga Ulgur – 1/32 Hasegawa Bf-109G6 AS Karl Müller’s Red 2
7 additional images. Click to enlarge.