D.520 AMS Relief Project – Pt 3
Finally got this done. This is #3 of a same kit build (the other 2 are already posted) that was supposed to be a break from “Advanced Modelers Syndrome” Even though it is box stock, including the pilot instead of belts, it fought me all the way.
It is the Tamiya 1/48th D.520.
For a fall together kit I managed to make a major project out of it, from filling sink marks, breaking off the gunsight & having it lodge somewhere in the fuselage to having decals that shattered as soon as they hit water. Thanks to Vic & Rick for supplying extra decals.
Anyway it is painted with custom mixed Tamiya paint except the splotches which are straight from the bottle. Panel lines have been highlighted with pencil. What little weathering done is with pastels
In a final bit of modeler’s irony, after scratching a repalacement gunsight guess what was stuck to the tape that I used to mask the cockpit when I took it off.
6 additional images. Click to enlarge.