iModeler February Awards
Without further delay, here is the roundup of iModeler's February submissions. There were a total of 75 articles added during the month, which prompted no less than 980 readers' comments.
As usual, we're awarding the iModeler Best in Show title to the entry that wins the jury's prize, but also list runner-ups as Honorable Mentions. We think that all are great modeling accomplishments that deserve recognition.
iModeler Best in Show - February 2014
Topping the jury's list this month is Airfix English Electric Lightning F.1 in 1/48 scale by Robert Bausch. We particularly liked the combitation of the striking natural metal finish, well-balanced detail and just the right amount of weathering, which together brought a particularly crisp rendition of this supersonic classic.
Robert wins our Best in Show award for February.
But wait, there is more!
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all the entries of the month. This time, our lucky winner is Tony Prince with Eduard’s 1/48 scale Hawker Tempest V.
Thank you for sharing all the wonderful modeling stories at iModeler.
Honorable Mentions: Our Extraordinary Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Daniel Iscold - The T-2C Buckeye. SpecialHobby 1/48
2. Emeterio de la Iglesia Blanco - Academy 1:48 F-15E
3. Hans Peter Tschanz - Messerschmitt 109 G-6 J – 705 Swiss Air Force in 1945
4. Michael Drover - Royal Australian Air Force P-40N, 80 Squadron – Geoff Atherton – Hasegawa 1/48
5. Rapid27 - The 1/48 Mirage IIIC from Eduard