Profile Photo

  • 12 articles
  • 447 karma
  • 1 friends

1/32 Wingnut Wings Sopwith Triplane

Here is my completed Wingnut Wings Sopwith Triplane.

Painted with Custom mixes of Gunze and Tamiya acrylics. Rigged using Gas patch RAF turnbuckles combined with EZ line for the control wires plus Flat knitting in elastic for the structural rigging.

All wood was simulated with oils. Weathered using oil paint.

19 additional images. Click to enlarge.

15 responses to 1/32 Wingnut Wings Sopwith Triplane

  1. Eric, Very Nice looking, good work.

  2. Beautifully done….great build and photos!

  3. Excellent! Love the weathering!

  4. Very good looking tripe hound, Eric. I think I prefer the gas patch buckles to the RB Productions versions that I used recently on a Roland. Also nice variation on the wing spars.

  5. Great work Eric
    I like it a lot.
    Maybe one day I will get the balls and by one of these WNW.kits.

  6. This is my favourite WWI fighter! Those long, slender, wings and the single struts really makes it stand out.

    The model is great but I would like to raise my glass for the dirt on the lower surfaces, that’s magic!



  7. Just gorgeous! I’m with Magnus – how did you get that dirt/splatter effect on the underside?

  8. Looking brilliant, Eric. Not only your plane looks great but the little diorama as well.
    The grass is looking very convincing, how did you do that ?

  9. Another inspirational build, Eric. I bow to the master.

  10. That’s cool, Eric, beautifully finished and displayed, although it’s hard to decide on the scale looking at the photographs.

  11. Wow. Very nice. 🙂

  12. OOOHHHH one of my favorite planes, and you have Nailed it! I LOVE the castor oil mess underneath! Perfect. A beauty all round

  13. Hi guys,

    Thanks for the nice comments.

    Greg, I used artists oils thinned with white spirit and then loaded up a large stiff brush and flicked it all over the model concentrating on the centre section and above the wheel where mud and dirt would be flicked up onto the airframe. Once it was dried, I then drew a clean soft brush loaded with clean white spirits over the airframe to feather and wash out the effect to make it a bit more subtle before finally flicking smaller droplets using the above method to give the appearance of fresher deposits.

    The grass is a pre made mat obtained from a model scenery company.



  14. Eric,
    Great build I like what you have done with this kit

Leave a Reply