Eventually got the Chinook finished! Thanks very much to everyone who followed the work in progress.
This is the 1/35 Trumpeter kit, and is a fair size! It was a Christmas present from Claire, not the last one, the one before, so it’s been on the bench for quite a while now. I’ve included a Tamiya paint pot in the last photo so you can get an idea of the size of it.
I added some Live Resin weaponry typically found on the MH-47. I had looked into doing a full conversion to the MH-47, but the resin conversion kit looked like it was going to be serious hard work, and very expensive as well, almost the price of the original trumpeter kit!
It wasn’t the easiest kit to fit together but I got there in the end. It was hard to take photos of the interior on the Iphone with the contrast in lighting and the focus, but there are lots more photos of the interior build stages over in the aircraft work in progress group.
Thanks again for all the positive comments during the work in progress, and thanks for looking. Cheers!
10 additional images. Click to enlarge.