Tamiya BF-109 E 4 1/72 with little Luftwaffe Hangar
The illustrated machine is the white 7 of the Lt. Josef Bürschgens 7./JG 26, Caffiers Aug. 1940, that is, at the time of the Battle of Britain. As you know, the Tamiya kits are a pleasure to build and there are no difficulties to bring this one into a realy nice model. But I would like to go a little bit further.
Additional/aftermarket parts I have used:
– Master-Model AM-72-009 Bf 109 E3 – E9, T armament set / 1:72
– Kagero Topcolors Battle of Britain Part III Decals
– Techmod Decals for maintenance hints
– Main wheels from Zvezda
– Yahu Instruments for the 109 E
– Eduard cockpit parts from Airfix 109 E set
The Pilot is a 1/48 scale figure, but fits realy good in this scene I think. Let me know what you think about.
17 additional images. Click to enlarge.