Boulton Paul Defiant – sub collection
I would like to show you this series done by my father some months ago.
My father used the New Airfix kit and he made the modification for each models.
I hope you enjoy the photos. Here is the list of the models included:
1) Boulton Paul P.82 Defiant (K8310) Prototype – August 11, 1937
2) Boulton Paul P.82 Defiant K8620 Second prototype, with turret and Merlin II, flown May 18, 1939
3) Boulton Paul P.82 Defiant (K8310) Fighter Prototype
4) The Defiant first prototype, K8310 with a single 20mm Hispano cannon
5) Boulton Paul Defiant Mk I N3328 DZ/Z – 151 Sqdn as night fighter.
6) Boulton Paul Defiant Mk I N3340 DY/D 255 Sqdn based on RAF Kirton in Lindsey Lincolnshine UK, early 1941
7) Boulton Paul Defiant Mk I V1110 RA/H of 410 Sqdn based at RAF Drem, UK, Autum 1941
8) Boulton Paul Defiant Mk II AA370 England 1941
9) Defiant Mk I L6950 with bomb racks, for trials at Aircraft Experimental
10) Defiant Mk I T3997 on Air Sea Rescue duties with N 276 A.S.R. Squadrons 1942.
11) Defiant Mk II ZJ/M AA583 Sqn Ldr Haine 96 Sqn Wrexham April 1942
12) Defiant Mk I PS/U L7013
13) Defiant AA292 P used for Martin Baker Ejection Seat trials during October 1945
14) Defiant Mk I L6957 PS/T 264 Sqn Duxford 1940
15) Defiant Mk II N1550 first prototype of MkII in 1940
16) Defiant Mk II N1550 first prototype of MkII in 1942
17) Defiant Mk I AA414 M 515 Squadron. Its role was in electronic countermeasures warfare, jamming enemy radar using Moonshine and Mandrel
18) Defiant Mk II TT1 AA507 8 Egypt 1945
19) Defiant Mk II TT1 DR863 Prototype July 1942
20) Defiant TT1 AA544 103 16497 AACU N° 26
21) Defiant DS155 N°22 AACU Karachi India Flown by Sq Ldr Young
22) Defiant N3512 ¨Both engine and airframe experimental work was carried out there starting in the middle of 1941 and not ending until late in 1944. The Merlin XLV was fitted in June 1941 followed by a Merlin XLVI. The pilots canopy was retained and the retractable fairing behind it locked in the down position with the turret faired over. Carburetter development also came within the aegis of Farnboroughs work especially at high altitudes. N3512 flew some 70 hours in theses tests
23) Defiant N3379
24) Defiant TT1 AA591 June 1944
25) Defiant TTIII S5/W T3919 691 Sqd
26) Defiant TTIII DS121 of 733 NAS 1945
A couple of subgroups, the prototypes and “black” ones.