As part of my continuing “Spitfirepalooza” here’s my attempt at the Revell 1/72 Spitfire Mk. IIa. This was a good little project. The only big fit issue I had was the common wing-to-fuselage step which took a couple puttying and sanding sessions to smooth out. I did need to use a little Mr. Surfacer 500 on a few small spots on the fuselage seams. Cockpit detail is quite good; unfortunately, the canopy, which comes in three sections, is a bit thick to either pose it open or see through it well. I wouldn’t mind doing another of these but, if I did, I’d need to get some decals as this kit only came with one set of markings and a replacement canopy so the cockpit can be effectively posed open. This makes my seventh completed kit of the year (not that I’m in a race) but only the second actually started and finished this year.
14 additional images. Click to enlarge.